° Isolation °

The next few weeks were very, very different from the rest of the time I'd been at the hotel. Charlie seemed very distant, as well as Vaggie. Alastor hadn't been seen since the night he and I spent together and I found him crossing my mind frequently. He had to be okay, he could take care of himself perfectly fine. I sure missed his presence though. It was strange for him to just.. disappear. No one really seemed worried, but I could definitely pick up on the vibes they were giving off. Everyone was avoiding me and got very quiet when I approached them. It was awful to feel isolated in the place I originally felt so welcomed. I felt like Alastor's disappearance was my fault and I felt as if everyone else believed the same.

I spent most of my time locked in my room. Charlie never offered tasks for me to do to push me along the path of redemption like she had before. Eating was hard and falling asleep was even harder when Alastor consumed my thoughts. I had to be going crazy, constantly thinking of someone that I barely even knew. What if he never came back? What if I never saw him again? Anxiety pooled in my stomach and made me feel nauseous... Alastor is fine.

It was a constant internal battle of "I miss him" and "I shouldn't care". Sighing softly, I crawled out of bed and got dressed. Multiple times I considered trying to go back to sleep but I convinced myself I needed this. I needed time away from the hotel and out of this room.

Soft red moonlight trickled through the curtains I tried so hard to keep closed. All it did was make me wonder where Alastor could possibly be. If we were ever looking at the sky at the same time. A feeling of being watched passed through me, but it happened so frequently that I'd grown used to it. Soft footsteps sounded across the carpet as I made my way downstairs to the lobby. It was still vacant, just as it had been for weeks.

The crisp air filtered through my lungs as I stepped outside. Neon lights illuminated the buildings of the city as they always had. Everything was still going, still moving forward despite my personal stagnation. It was a bittersweet feeling.

I didn't know where I was going, but I had the feeling that a walk would clear my head a bit. The city drew closer and my footsteps on the pavement stayed consistently nonchalant. Demons came into view, a group of four walking towards me. They were all laughing and cracking jokes with each other. It made me desperately miss how friendly everyone was when I first arrived and how inviting everyone at the hotel was despite the issues with my memory.

A specific building caught my eye, the same one that Alastor, Angel and I walked past the day of the alleged party. The music was still loud, vibrating the black tinted windows and sending waves of sound through the concrete below me. I chewed my lip nervously, glancing around to find that no one was paying attention to me trying not to psyche myself out too much to just go inside. I needed something, anything, to get Alastor out of my mind.

I entered hesitantly, but snapped myself out of it quickly. Making myself look vulnerable wasn't a smart choice. A three eyed demon girl greeted me as I walked inside, commenting on how she'd never seen me here before but hoped I enjoyed myself nonetheless.

At that point I realized what I'd walked into, but I didn't want to seem weird for walking in just to leave again. Beautiful dancers spun themselves around poles as creatures stared up at them in awe.

After walking around for a bit, I took a seat in an empty booth. It wasn't super packed, but definitely busy. Bright lights flashed red and purple and bright green neon signs lined the walls to label things like the bar, restrooms, and the exit. I felt out of place here, but still comfortable.

A strange dreamlike feeling washed over me. I stared down at the table, feeling as if I'd been here before, yet I know I hadn't. My eyes were glued to the table as I tried desperately to remember what my brain was trying to tell me. Two girls flashed through my mind, but no specific details would come to me. My memory was so close yet so fucking far away. I needed to trigger another deja-vu moment, I'd do anything to know who I was and why I ended up here.

A tall shadow loomed over me and pulled me from my thoughts. I craned my neck to see the face of the person standing beside my table, but all I was met with was an overwhelming feeling of terror.