° Surprise, My Dear °

I didn't have any more run-ins with my strange neighbor. The days after our meeting flew by as I followed my normal schedule of home and work, but it was finally October thirty-first. Which meant spooky season was at it's highest.

Halloween was by far my favorite holiday, despite the fact that I never gave out candy or put up any decorations. No, in my mind Halloween was good for two things. One, dressing up and two, going out to party.

"-And then he said 'sorry but I have a girlfriend,'" Jessica cackled, throwing her head back. "In a strip club?" I grinned, "what the hell was he even doing there then?"

Jessica shrugged, "I don't know, man. I was pissed I didn't get paid after grinding all over his grimy ass for half an hour," she took a long drag from her cigarette, cognac bottle in her free hand. "What I do know is you're babysitting your fucking drinks. Come on, bitch it's Halloween, get fucked up!"

She offered the bottle to me & I accepted. "Already know," I winked, taking a long swig. The drink burned on the way down but it was a feeling I'd yet to get tired of. "No chaser?" Hannah questioned, her eyebrow raised in suspicion. Jessica laughed, throwing her arm around me, "This crazy bitch never needs a chaser for anything. If I could get her ass to the bar for a few shots, maybe she could show you a thing or two." She said in a song-songy voice.

I shrugged Jessica's arm off me, "Actually I think I'm gonna head to the floor for a bit. There's a guy that's been eyeballing me since we've been here," I smirked. "Toodles.~"

Sliding from the booth, I straightened my mini skirt and gracefully strode towards the man who had been staring me down as if I was the only person here. "Hey handsome," I purred, pulling my shoulders back slightly to make my chest look bigger. "Wanna dance?"

He looked me up and down, sitting his drink on a nearby table and offering his hand. "What are you dressed up as?" He asked, an amused look on his face. "Seriously? I'm a cat," I frowned, gesturing to the cat ear headband. I was wearing a short skirt with fishnets underneath and girly combat boots. A thin faux leather jacket covered my top half and pasties to cover the goods.. so yeah, a cat.

"Good enough, I suppose," He laughed and offered his hand that I accepted promptly. He led me to the dance floor & his hands instinctively went to my waist. Men were fairly simple creatures, many of them after the same thing but not brave enough to ask. Apparently I was wrong with this one, he knew exactly what he wanted. I trailed my hands up his arms, around his neck, and gently tugged on his short black hair. He tilted his head forward, his lips making quick contact with my shoulder before he whispered in my ear, "how much?"

"How much are you offering?" I sighed, his teeth nibbling on my ear. "Mmm.. four hundred?"

It took everything in me to not laugh in his face. "What do ya take me for?" I smiled politely, pushing his arms off me. "Nine hundred to a grand at least. This isn't a poor man's game & this definitely isn't my main source of income."

He chuckled. "There's women on the other side of town that offer for double digits and you're being picky about four hundred? No thank you."

I licked my lips, "your loss, sweetheart." He turned and headed back to where I originally saw him.

"So, no go?" Hannah frowned, twirling the straw in her soda. I shook my head, "cheap bastard was trying to give me four hundred."