55

When the ravenette returned home almost two hours later, he didn't ring the doorbell. He entered the emergency passcode.  So Hee was waiting for him in the living room. Hearing the door closing, she came out of her half sleepy state and look at her husband.

The ravenette walked towards the stairs to go to the bedroom.

''Kookie?''

Jungkook stopped hearing his wife's voice and glanced towards the living room. Concern flashed on his face as soon as his eyes fell on So Hee sitting on the couch.

''So? What are you doing here?'' He questioned walking over to the other.

''I was waiting for you.'' The woman replied getting up but Jungkook didn't let her. Picking up the lady, he shook his head. "I told you to go to sleep, So Hee... this is not good for your health. You need to rest properly.'' He scolded the other walking towards the stairs.

The woman wrapped her arms around Jungkook's shoulders. "I tried but I couldn't sleep.'' She reasoned watching her husband closely.

The ravenette glanced towards her before his eyes returned to the stairs again. "Why? You not feeling well?''

So Hee shook her head. Resting her head against Jungkook's chest, she spoke ahead. "I was worried about you.''

So Hee's words took the other by surprise. "For me? Why?''

The lady shook her head. "I don't know.... '' She paused lost in her thoughts. "Is something wrong, Kookie?''

Jungkook slowed down for a moment and looked at his wife. "What do you mean?''

The lady shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Am not sure but you have been stressed lately. And the way you behave around Taehyung... I was just worried. Is something wrong?''

The ravenette didn't reply. Walking into their bedroom, he placed the woman onto the bed and looked at her.

Smiling a little, the man shook his head. "You are thinking too much, So. He is my boss, of course I'll be a little hesitant. You know how influential he is. A man like me will never be casual about his friendship with him....'' He assured the other. "Stop overthinking and go to sleep. Nothing is wrong.''

So Hee watched him for a moment. Jungkook's assuring eyes and light smile finally convinced her. The woman smiled and nodded. "Okay....''

The man patted her head lightly. ''Go to sleep. It's quite late. I'll just freshen up.'' He told the woman who nodded. Jungkook smiled at her one last time and walked into the washroom.

Standing under the shower, Jungkook breathed through his mouth letting the hot water melt down all the anxiety, guilt and worry while So Hee watched her husband's silhouette from the glass wall of the washroom.

Jungkook was saying everything was right so she should trust him, that's what she told herself when disturbing thoughts crossed her mind again. Closing her eyes, the woman smiled and went to sleep.

The ravenette joined her a few minutes later. Lying on his back, he looked at his wife.

The fact that he had lied to her one more time just made him more guilty.

Staring at the ceiling, he thought about everything that happened in his life in past months. The man didn't realize when he fell into deep slumber after almost a week of sleepless nights.

Kevin was going somewhere the next day when he watched Minjoon entering the office around eleven. The man furrowed his eyebrows. He watched Sarah coming to office just a few minutes ago.

He wondered why everyone was late.

''Mr. Lee?'' He called grabbing Minjoon's attention. The black-haired male smiled brightly at Kevin. The brunet was really friendly and easy-going with everyone.