62

Taehyung walked down fifteen minutes later wearing an oversized white shirt paired with black jeans only to find the other sitting on the couch. Jungkook seemed to be lost in his thoughts. The blonde's heart ached for a moment watching him.

Jungkook didn't look like himself.

He used to be so lively.

Its been so long when Taehyung watched him smiling.

He missed it.

He missed the brightness of those brown eyes.

The sound of his footsteps seemed to have brought the other out of his thoughts. Jungkook looked up at the blonde who was walking down the stairs only to stand up hesitantly. The two males stared at each other before Taehyung gave a smile.

''I'll be leaving now....'' He pointed towards the door awkwardly while the ravenette watched him. He waited for the other to say something but when Jungkook didn't, Taehyung licked his lips nervously before giving a hesitant smile.

Glancing down at the mobile and the folder in his hand, he gave a tight lipped smile. ''I'll see you later.'' He said and turned to leave.

With his blue eyes looking into the distance brightly, he counted his steps.

One.

Two.

Three....

The blonde made an impressed face before taking the next step.

Four.

Fi-

''Tae!'' Jungkook's urgent voice pierced the silent air. The blonde stopped in his steps. Hiding his smile, he turned towards the other who looked at him restlessly.

''Don't.... Don't abort the baby, please.'' He pleaded weakly, brown eyes were ready to tear up again. Taehyung hated it. He hated the shimmering eyes. He hated the weakness in his voice and the desperation laced in his facial features.

The man itched to walk over and hold the other close but stopped himself.

Just a little more.

Just a little more, Jungkook and I'll end all your miseries. This is the last time you'll cry. I'll take away all your tears and fill your world with all the happiness, he promised to the ravenette silently and he meant every word of it.

Turning vulnerable, the blonde let out a feeble cry tiredly. "Why are you making it harder for me, Jungkook. It's already difficult. Every passing second is scaring me. Please, don't do this.... I explained you everything, we-''

''Please!'' Jungkook let out a weak whisper interrupting the blonde.

Taehyung bit on his lower lip blinking his tears away.

Smiling sadly, he tilted his head slightly. "This isn't how it was supposed to be, Jungkook. I was supposed to abort the baby and you were supposed to never know about it. This is what I didn't want. For you to feel guilty and compelled to save the baby. My baby doesn't deserve to be taken as a mere responsibility. He deserves all the love. He deserves everything. I will never compromise on anything which concerns my baby.'' He replied shaking his head determined.

''.....Don't stop me if you are not ready to accept him wholeheartedly, as your legal child.'' He deadpanned wiping his tear. Looking one last time at Jungkook who was watching him defeatedly, the blonde turned around to leave.

He wouldn't have took two steps when the ravenette stopped him.

''Tae, Stop!''

The blonde halted in his steps once again but didn't turn around.