64

So Hee sat on the floor hugging her knees tightly with her body leaned against the back of the couch. The silence in the apartment was occassionally disturbed by the honking of the traffic in the street below or the birds passing by chirping.

It was evening.

The sun was slowly bidding farewell to the world.

The sky looked a beautiful mess of colours scattered across the horizon where the clouds seemed to be falling in love with earth.

The world outside appeared to be falling into a calmness while the mist of uncertainty surrounded the woman.

It has been three days. Three days when Jungkook left her crying.

Three days when she was accused of killing her own baby.

Three days since she had been trying to explain herself to Jungkook within her mind.

The woman had tried calling her husband. First he didn't pick up and the next, his phone went off.

She didn't even know where the other was.

The tears have left imprints on her cheeks. Ocean in her black eyes seemed to have dried. The initial pain flowed out with salty water. All that was left inside was pain.

Silence.

Scary silence like the stillness around her.

She had been sitting in the same place waiting for her husband to come back but there was no sign of him returning. The fear has started getting to her. She knew Jungkook was angry but she was ready to listen.

He could yell at her if he wanted.

He could... he could stop talking to her to punish her but she just wanted him back. She wanted to see him so that the trepidation could leave her. She wasn't feeling right. She was scared.

She was scared for Jungkook.

Her heart wasn't ready to calm down.

Something was wrong, her instincts were yelling at her.

Sitting in the silent apartment holding herself together, she rocked back and forth anxiously as she prayed to God to take care of Jungkook. With her eyes closed, she kept waiting restlessly.

The silence around her was disturbed again but it wasn't a bird or a honking vehicle. The door opened with a creaking sound which echoed in the still air flinching the woman. She didn't realize she had fallen into slumber.

The woman raised her head up and looked towards the door with sleep still clouding her mind. She could see a silhouette but it wasn't clear. Black was covering her vision. The woman furrowed her eyebrows and tried to watch clearly only to startle back to reality.

Sleep and tiredness vanished from her body like it was never there.

She stood up immediately  only to hold the couch as she felt dizzy.

The weakness was getting to her.

She covered her mouth when her lips trembled as she tried to smile.

Swallowing, she walked over to the man standing by the door. "Koo...K-Kookie!'' She called weakly raising her hand to touch the man only to stop remembering how Jungkook had jerked her away last time.

She didn't wanna make the other angry.

Blinking away her tears, So Hee tried to smile brightly but the tears which seemed to have dried up returned in her eyes moistening them up again. She hated it. She hated the sting they brought with themselves.