03

January 2006

"Rise and shine!"

I was startled and my eyes shot open. Before I even had time to register who was there, my hands had already grabbed my katana from beside me and pointed it to the person. My vision cleared and I noticed it was Gojo.

"Yo, calm down! Who the hell sleeps with a katana?" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Just in case I get attacked," I shrugged and got up.

"Why didn't you knock?"

"I'm sure you wouldn't have heard! Right?" he said, "Plus, I need to take you to the principal now."

I groaned, "What time is it?"

"Almost 7am," Gojo said.

"6:30am?! I slept at 1am!" I exclaimed, looking at my phone. Not to mention, I never wake up at 6am unless it's absolutely necessary.

"Here's your uniform," he said, tossing me my uniform. I grabbed it and went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. 

Gojo hurried me out after I changed into my uniform. I grumbled and followed him to the principal's office. Gojo stood outside the classroom as I headed in. 

"Good morning, Yaga-sensei," I greeted as we entered. 

"Good morning," Yaga nodded and handed me a card. 

"What's this?" I asked, examining it. 

"It's your ID card," he said, "since you just started, you are a grade 4 sorcerer." 

I nodded and put the ID card in my pocket. 

"You actually came really early, classes don't start until 8am," Yaga said. 

"8?! I could have had another hour to sleep!" I facepalmed.

Yaga chuckled and said, "You can go grab some breakfast in the meantime."

"Sure, see you later," I said, as I walked out the classroom. Gojo was already gone so I decided to walk around campus. I grabbed some onigiri and chewed on it as I walked around. The training field was big. 

I spent around 30 minutes walking around and eating my breakfast. I had nowhere to go so I went back to the classroom. No one was here yet so I sat at one of the desks and fell asleep. 

"Y/n."

I looked up to see Yaga standing in the doorway. 

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Class is about to start, come up here," he said. I stood up and walked to the front of the classroom. 

A few minutes later, I see two students coming in, one had blonde hair and the other had black hair. Followed by Gojo and two other students. 

After everyone settled down, Yaga said, looking at me, "I would like you all meet the new first year."

"Hi, my name's Y/n L/n," I said, smiling awkwardly.

"Yay!" Gojo cheered and clapped happily.

The other students didn't have much reaction. 

"Finally another girl," a girl said, "I am Shoko Ieiri."

"I am Geto Suguru," the guy in a bun said.

"Hi, I am Yu Haibara!" another guy said. 

"Kento Nanami," the blonde guy said dully. 

"Nice to meet you all," I smiled again.

"Go ahead and take a seat," Yaga said and I walked to an empty desk beside Haibara. I watched confused as Gojo, Shoko, and Geto left the classroom. 

Yaga could see I was confused and said, "They are second years, they won't be joining us."

...

After class, I was walking around the campus when I spotted Gojo, Geto, and Shoko sitting at a bench. I waved at them and they waved back. 

"Y/n-chan! Come and join us," Gojo yelled and waved me over. 

I walked over and sat down beside Shoko, she handed me a drink and I responded with a 'thanks'. 

"Can I call you Y/n?" Shoko asked. 

"Yes," I said, nodding. 

"Okay, so Y/n. What's your technique? I see you're always carrying that katana," Shoko said, pointing at my katana. 

"Oh, I use the wind breathing techniques, have you heard about those?" I asked. 

"Nope but it sounds cool!" Shoko chuckled. 

Geto and Gojo were having their own conversation. 

"You're the first person I met who uses a katana," Shoko said. 

"Really?" I asked. 

"Yeah, can you show me your techniques?" Shoko asked.

"Sure! Maybe later? What's your technique?" I asked. 

"I can use the reversed cursed technique," she said. 

"What's that?" I asked as I sipped on my drink. 

"It heals people," she explained. 

"Wow, that's nice." I said. 

I spent the rest of the evening chatting with the trio before heading back to my dorm.