08

Spring 2006

--

Apparently, Kuroi had been kidnapped, we met up with Geto and I sat beside Riko as they discussed some things. 

"We'll help Kuroi, don't worry," I said softly to Riko. She remained silent and turned away. I gave her hand a few pats. 

"Thanks..." she mumbled.

"I'm taking Amanai back to Jujutsu High now," Gojo said, "Y/n can keep her company."

"H-Hold on!" Riko said, standing up, "I'm going to this deal, too! I can't trust you two yet!"

"HUH? Are you saying..."

"Even if you do save her, what if Kuroi wasn't back before I assimilate with Tengen-sama? I haven't..." Riko interrupted, "I haven't said goodbye to her."

Riko was clutching her skirt and on the verge of crying. I stood up and wrapped an arm around her. 

"Gojo, I think she should come with us," I said. 

Gojo thought for a moment and said, "Fine, but if she gets scared, we'll ignore her."

We headed towards the Airport after Gojo informed Yaga that we would be leaving Tokyo to go to Okinawa. 

"Have you been to Okinawa before?" I asked Riko as we stood in line, waiting to board the plane.

"Nope, but I'm excited," Riko said, grinning. 

"I haven't too," I said.

We boarded the plane soon after and I sat beside Riko, while Gojo and Geto sat in front of us. Gojo was checking all the people on the plane. Geto had one of his curses guard the plane from the outside. 

"We're super duper extra safe on this plane right now, don't worry," I said to Riko as I could sense she was tense. 

Riko gave me a nod as the plane started to take off, and I dozed off. 

...

After saving Kuroi, we went back to the hotel we were staying at. Gojo and Geto were sharing a room while Riko, Kuroi, and I were sharing a room. 

"Come on, Y/n, we're waiting for you!" Riko said, as I digged through my clothes to find a swimming suit. 

"Okay, give me a second!" I said as I finally found my swimming suit.

We changed into our swimming suits and went down stairs to meet up with Gojo and Geto so we can go to the beach. 

"Hey guys!" Gojo called, getting our attention. 

"This is going to be so fun~" Riko exclaimed, grabbing my hand and ushering me to go faster. 

"Riko, slow down!" I exclaimed, as she ran towards the beach. 

"LET'S GO!" She yelled, letting go of me and splashing into the water. I sighed and shook my head. 

Gojo ran past me and splashed into the water as well. 

"Come on, Y/n-chan! Join us," Gojo called out, waving both his hands in the air. 

"Yeah! Come," Riko agreed. 

I smirked, "Alright." I ran to them and jumped in, splashing water on both of them. 

"HEY!" Riko exclaimed, splashing water back on me. I turned around to see Gojo was gone. Then, suddenly, a bunch of water was poured on Riko and I.

"AH!" Riko yelled.

Riko and I began splashing Gojo with water and chasing him around. 

"GUYS LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" Gojo exclaimed, picking up something brown with spots. 

Riko ran towards him and started laughing at it with Gojo. 

"What is that?" I asked, coming up behind them. 

"Sea cucumber!" Gojo said.

"Ew!" I said. 

"GROSS, THAT'S GROSS!" Riko yelled when the sea cucumber spit something out. 

"Hehe," Gojo chuckled as he held it up to us and started to chase us with it.

"REVENGE!" Gojo exclaimed as we ran around the beach. 

He then threw the sea cucumber at us, we both dodged it but Riko ended up landing in the water. Gojo laughed at her and I pulled her up. 

"Satoru, it's time," Geto called out. 

We all stopped laughing, "Oh, it's that time already?"

"Boo..." Riko sighed, making a sad face.

"Suguru, let's head back tomorrow morning instead," Gojo suggested, surprising me. 

"Really?" Riko and I asked at the same time.

Riko jumped up and hugged me, I was taken aback at first but hugged back. Kuroi came up to us and showed us a starfish. 

"Wow!" Riko said, fascinated by the starfish. 

"So, what should we go do now?" Gojo asked, as he and Geto walked towards us. 

"Let's go row a boat!" I suggested.

"OH YEAH!" Riko cheered. 

"Okay, boat rowing it is!" Gojo clapped. 

...

We rented two boats, Riko and I sat in one, Gojo, Geto, and Kuroi sat in the other. Riko and I were in the front, leading while Gojo's boat was following ours. 

"Wow, I've never did this before," Riko said. 

"Same, it's fun," I said. 

"Yeah!" Riko agreed as we rowed through the forest. 

I extended my hand out and touched the water, Riko did the same thing in front of me. 

After rowing the boat, we changed our clothes and went to the garden. Gojo, Geto, and I decided to walk behind Kuroi and Riko so they could spend some time together. Riko was pulling Kuroi through the flowers. 

I pointed at one of the white dahlias, "Look, it's so pretty."

"Yeah," Gojo agreed and Geto nodded in agreement. I went over and picked one of the white dahlias up and decided I was going to give it to Riko later. 

"Let's go eat diner now!" Gojo said. We followed Gojo to the outdoor restaurant. 

"Hey Riko," I said, as we followed them from behind. 

"Yeah?" Riko asked.

I handed her the white dahlia, "Look, I think this flower suits you."

Her eyes beamed at the flower as she took it with both her hands, "Wow, thank you!"

"You're welcome," I responded. 

"You're the best friend ever!" Riko exclaimed, wrapping one of her arms around my shoulder. 

My eyes widened when a memory flashed across my mind.

"Thank you for being my friend," she said, "You're the best friend ever."

"Y/n?" Riko's voice snapped me out of the memory.

"Yeah?" I asked, grinning at her. 

Riko laughed and we jogged towards the restaurant. 

...

After dinner, we decided to go to the Aquarium. Riko and I linked arms as we walked through the Aquarium. The big whale swam on the other side of the glass. 

"They're beautiful," I murmured.

"Yeah," Riko said quietly.

I could see there was some sadness in her eyes. She probably didn't want to leave. I took my cellphone out and said, "Riko, let's take a picture so we can remember it."

Riko smiled and agreed. 

I wish it could stay like this forever.