04

February 2006

--

I spent the last month training hard with Nanami and Haibara. I had learned to add some curse energy into my wind breathing technique. Although my cursed energy wasn't as strong as my wind technique. I sat on the roof looking down on the field as they had lunch. I was practicing my total concentration breathing. 

Y/n. Y/n? Y/n!

"Earth to Y/n-chan~" Gojo's voice ticked against my ear. 

I snapped back to reality and jumped onto my feet. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Yaga-sensei was calling for you," he said. 

"Oh, I'll go now, thanks," I said and jumped off the roof, landing before Shoko and Geto. I turned to wave at them, just to see their surprised faces. I tilted my head and looked at them confused. 

"Did you just jump off the roof?!" Shoko exclaimed. 

"Oh," I chuckled, scratching the back of my head, "I guess."

"That was so smooth!" Shoko said, Geto nodded in agreement. 

"Haha, thanks, I'll see you guys later!" I said, waving them a goodbye. 

I quickly walked to Yaga-sensei's office and knocked on the classroom's door. 

"Come in," Yaga called from inside.

I entered the room to find Nanami and Haibara inside already. They were sat in their seats. I went over to my seat and sat down as well. 

"Okay, you guys will get your first mission," Yaga said. 

I grinned and looked over at Haibara, he was also grinning at me. Haibara and I were really excited to get our first mission. 

"A manager will accompany you guys, you will be going to an alley way that has recently been crawling with low level curses," Yaga explained, "You will leave tomorrow evening, get a good rest tonight."

We all nodded in response and got up to leave. 

"I'm so excited," Haibara said to us as we walked out. 

"Me too," I said, as Nanami nodded in response beside me. 

"I'll see you guys tomorrow!" I said as I walked away, to the training field. 

"Y/n! You're back," Gojo called out from the bench where Shoko and Geto were at. 

"We're going on a mission tomorrow," I said. 

"Nice," Gojo said, dragging the word out like 'niceeeeeeeeee'.

"Be careful," Shoko warned me and I gave her a thumbs up, "Don't worry! I've killed curses before, it will be easy!"

...

We all met outside the school as we got ready to leave. I sat at the front, Haibara and Nanami sat behind me. We passed through the Tokyo streets and finally arrived at the alley way. We got down as the manager put up a veil from the outside. 

We stood at the entrance of the alleyway, there were two paths. 

"Should we split up?" I asked. 

"That sounds more efficient," Nanami said. 

"Then let's split up," Haibara said. 

"I'll go this way," I said, pointing to the left alleyway. 

"Then I'll go this way," Nanami said, going towards the right alleyway. 

"Haibara? Who are you going to go with?" I asked.

"I'll go with Y/n, Nanami is that okay with you?" Haibara asked. 

"Of course," Nanami said, "Be careful to you both."

"You too, Nanami," Haibara and I said in sync. 

Haibara and I walked into the alleyway as Nanami walked into the other one. 

"Look! There's a small curse there," Haibara said, pointing at one of the corners. He went ahead and punched it, as it stumbled back, I unsheathed my katana and applying cursed energy and slashed through the curse in a swift motion. 

"That was a weak one," I said. Haibara nodded and we continued walking forward. 

In the distance, I could see that the road split into to ways, "I think we might have to split up."

"Okay, I'll go this way," Haibara said, pointing to the right alleyway. 

"Alright, see you later," I said, waving my hand at him. 

I continued walking through the alleyway, there was no low level curses here which confused me. I've been walking for at least 5 minutes without seeing any curse. I picked up my speed and the further I walked I could sense the curse energy getting stronger. 

I stopped in my tracks when I heard crashing sound from my left side. I jumped onto one of the buildings to see a huge curse approaching. I squinted my eyes at the curse to see it clearly. This was definitely not a low levelled curse?

"HELP!" I heard someone scream from below. My eyes widened as I saw a kid close to the curse. Just as the curse was about to grab the kid with one of its arms, I jumped down and slashed it off. I picked the kid up and jumped up to another building before the curse had time to react. 

"Are you hurt?" I asked the kid as I examined her body. 

"I'm okay now," she said. 

"Stay here okay? If anything happens, just scream 'help' and I will come," I said and patted the girl's head reassuringly. The girl nodded in response.  

I jumped back down into the alleyway, facing the curse. 

"You're not going to get away."