20

June 2018

--

"Hey Megumi, how are you doing?" I asked, walking up to Megumi. 

"I'm fine," he said. I nodded and said, "We're going to go pick up the third first year now."

Megumi followed behind me as I went to get Yuji. We drove to Harajuku and waited on the side for Gojo to arrive. That bastard was late again. 

"How are there only three first years? Isn't that too few?" Yuji asked.

"Well have you ever met anyone that could see curses before?" Megumi asked. 

"Nope," Yuji said, Megumi added, "This just proves how jujutsu sorcerers are a minority."

"Also, didn't you say I was the third?" Yuji asked. 

"The entry was decided a while ago," Megumi explained.

"Sorry for the wait!" I looked over to see Gojo walking towards us. 

"Why are we meeting up here?" Megumi asked. 

"Because it's what she asked us for," Gojo explained as we walked into the streets. 

"Oh look! Popcorn," Yuji pointed out. He started to walk over to the stall and I followed him. 

"Oh, Y/n-sensei, you want some popcorn too?" Yuji asked. I nodded and smiled, "Yeah."

We payed for our popcorn and went back to Megumi and Gojo. They were standing by the street looking at a girl. 

"Is that the girl?" I asked. 

"We're going to talk to her?" Yuji asked, "that's kind of embarrassing."

"So are you," Megumi said. Yuji was wearing weird glasses and holding a box of popcorn in one hand and another snack in the other. 

"Hey, over here!" Gojo shouted. She came over to us and I waved at her. 

"Kugisaki Nobara," She introduced, "Be happy boys, I'm the only girl in your group."

"But what about Y/n-sensei?" Yuji asked, "isn't she also a girl?"

"But she's a teacher," Nobara said. I put a finger up, "I'm not a teacher, so stop calling me sensei."

"Really? Great! Let's go shopping together sometime," Nobara suggested. I nodded happily, "Sure!"

"I'm Yuji Itadori, and I'm from Sendai," Yuji said, pointing to himself. 

"Fushiguro Megumi," Megumi said. The girl stared at them. 

"She took one look and sighed," Yuji said, sighing. 

"Are we going anywhere?" Megumi asked. Gojo laughed, "We do have all three of you together, not to mention, two of you are from the country side. So we're going on a tour of Tokyo!"

"Tokyo! Tokyo! Tokyo!" Gojo, Nobara, and Yuji cheered. Megumi and I watched from the side. Nobara and Yuji said, "We love Tokyo!"

"Eh?" I said, as Megumi said, "huh?"

"Let's go to Chinatown, sensei!" Yuji suggested.

"We're going to Roppongi!" Gojo said. Yuji and Nobara beamed excitedly. Megumi and I both know we're probably just going there to fight curses. 

...

We stood in front of an abandoned building. 

"There's curses here," Gojo explained. 

Yuji and Nobara were fuming, "You liar!"

Megumi and I stood behind, not surprised. "There's a big cemetery nearby, The double whammy of that and an abandoned building brought out a curse," Gojo explained. 

Yuji asked, "So they really do pop up more often around graves?"

"The issue isn't the cemetery itself," I said, "it's the fact people associate cemeteries with fear."

"Oh, it was the same with the school, isn't it?" Yuji asked. Nobara stepped in, "Hold up. He doesn't even know that yet?"

"To be honest," Megumi started, and then explained to Nobara what had happened. 

"He swallowed a special grade cursed object?" Nobara exclaimed, "Ew! That's disgusting. No way, no way, no way!"

"What?!" Yuji asked. 

"I agree with Nobara," I said. 

"I want to know what you're capable of, just think of it as a field test," Gojo explained to them, "Nobara, Yuji, you to go exorcise the curses inside."

"I thought only curses can exorcise curses? I can't use any jujutsu yet," Yuji asked. 

"You're basically half a curse right now, there's cursed energy flowing through your body," Gojo answered, "But use this for now, it's a cursed weapon called the slaughter demon." Gojo passed him the weapon. 

"Lame," Nobara said. 

"One more thing, don't let Sukuna out," Gojo said. "Got it," Yuji said, "I won't let Sukuna out."

"Hurry up!" Nobara shouted. Then, Yuji ran after Nobara. 

"I think I'll go too," Megumi said. 

"No way, you're still recovering," I said. 

...

We were sitting on the bench outside when we saw a curse flying out the window from the top floor. 

"I'll exorcise it," Megumi said. I put a hand up, "hold up."

We watched as the curse disappear into dust, "nice."

"She's crazy, all right," Gojo said. 

We watched as Yuji and Nobara came out. 

"Shall we go get some food now?" Gojo asked. 

"Steak!" Yuji said.

"Sushi!"

"Leave it all to me!" Gojo said, giving two thumbs up.

"And you, Y/n?" Gojo asked. 

"I'll have f/f," I said, "Megumi?"

Megumi was scrolling on his phone. 

"Eh?" Gojo peaked over Megumi's shoulder. 

"Okay, let's go," Gojo said, dragging Yuji, Nobara, and I. 

"Huh? What's the matter Megumi?" Yuji asked. 

"Nothing," Megumi said. 

"He's pouting because he didn't get to join," Gojo said.