19

June 2018

"Hey Y/n, you said you wanted to meet Megumi right?" Gojo asked, as I opened my dorm's door.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Then you and Megumi can go together to retrieve one of Sukuna's fingers at Sugisawa High school," Gojo explained, "it's in Sendai city."

"Okay, sure, when are we leaving?" I asked.

"Tomorrow morning," Gojo said, I nodded and closed the door. I probably didn't have to pack anything.

...

"Megumi-kun?" I asked, looking at the boy that was standing before me, "You grew so much!"

Megumi didn't say anything, I sighed, "Still not much of a talker. Anyways, let's go!"

We took the bullet train to Sendai city, I sat beside Megumi.

"How was Okinawa?" Megumi asked me, I was surprised he even talked to me.

"It was nice, so how have you been?" I asked.

"Fine," Megumi said, dully. 

"You know, you should cheer up a bit sometimes," I said. 

"I could say the same to you," he argued. "What? I'm more cheerful than you," I said, and he shrugged in response. 

...

"Megumi, you go search the field first, I'll go check the other spots," I said. Megumi nodded and went to the field. In reality, I just wanted to go buy the mochi from the mochi store we had just passed, on our way to this school. I watched as Megumi left and I ran out the school to the store. 

"Welcome!" The shop keeper said.

"Can I please have a bag of (f/n) mochi?" I asked. The shop keeper nodded and started to pack the mochi up for me. I handed them my credit card and they passed me my bag of mochi. I hummed happily as I walked out the store.

I skipped my way back to the school. A pink haired boy ran past me with incredible speed. Wow. So fast. I thought. But then, I noticed something weird about the energy he was giving off, it felt like there was cursed energy. I shrugged and walked towards the field. 

There, I noticed Megumi standing on the staircase, looking my way. I waved at him but he didn't respond, "Megumi?"

"The pink haired boy, he carries a cursed object," Megumi informed me, I nodded, "Yeah."

I opened my bag of mochi and started to eat it. Megumi glared at me, "Did you just buy that?"

"Yeah, do you want some?" I asked, then I remembered I wasn't supposed to let him know I had just left school to get mochis. I sweatdropped, but smiled at him, acting like nothing had happened. 

"Uh, no thanks," Megumi said. I shrugged and plopped it into my mouth. 

"We should follow pink hair guy," I said, and started to walk off. Megumi followed closely behind. We ended up in the hospital. I had finished my bag of mochi and threw the mochi in the trash can as we walked in. The hospital lights were dim, I saw the pink hair guy signing something at the counter. 

"Yuji Itadori, right?" Megumi asked, "I'm Fushiguro from Jujutsu Tech."

"And I'm Y/n," I said. 

"We'd like to have a word with you," Megumi started, and I added, "Now."

"Um, I'm in mourning right now," Yuji said. Megumi coldly responded, "Sorry, but there isn't time. The cursed object you possess is very dangerous."

"Um, sorry for your loss," I added, Megumi was so straightforward. Megumi said, "Hand it over to me now."