28

"Y/n~!" Gojo said, jogging towards me.

"Hey Gojo," I said, "Aren't you supposed to be with the first years right now?"

"Nope! They're on a mission," he said.

"Oh."

"Oh?"

"Oh...?" I said, confused.

"Are you not excited?" Gojo asked.

"Why am I excited...?" I asked.

Gojo stared at me, "We can finally hang out!"

"Oh!" I realized, and then awkwardly said, "yeah."

"What do you mean?! Nevermind, let's go!" Gojo said, pulling me by my arm.

"WHAT?" We ran down the halls of the school building and ran outside.

"I found good place to go," Gojo explained as we walked down the stairs of the school.

"Yeah? Where is it?" I asked.

"It's in the forest, don't worry, it's very close."

I nodded and followed him towards the forest. We walked in silence for a few minutes until we arrived at the spot Gojo was talking about. There was a pond in the middle and a large tree on the left side. There were autumn trees and leaves everywhere.

"Wow, it's pretty here," I pointed out.

Gojo stopped in his tracks and looked over to the pond. I looked at him in confusion, "Is something wrong?"

"No, no, not at all," Gojo assured me.

"If you say so," I said. We sat down below the tree and stared at the pond. There were fishes inside, swimming around.

"So," I dragged, "was there a reason you brought me here?"

Gojo shook his head.

He's so quiet today.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Gojo said.

"You're really quiet," I said.

Gojo laughed.

"Y/n," I turned my head towards him, "You don't remember this place?"

"No...? Am I supposed to?" I asked.

Gojo shrugged, "No, I just thought you'd remember, we came here once before."

"Really? When? I don't remember," I said.

"Your memory suck," he said.

"Shut up," I elbowed his arms and smiled, "So what did we do here?"

"We came here with Shoko and Suguru," he said.

"Oh really, that's nice," I said, he nodded in agreement.

"We had a picnic."

"Come on Y/n! Stop standing there," Shoko shouted, waving me over to where Satoru and Suguru were sitting. They sat under a large cherry blossom tree with sweets and drinks.

"Wait, you brought food?" I jogged over to them and sat down beside Shoko.

"Of course, it's a picnic N/n," Gojo joked.

I rolled my eyes and sat down beside Suguru. We each picked up a sandwich. "This place is beautiful, we should come here together more often!" I suggested.

"Yeah, we definitely should," Shoko said. Suguru and Satoru both nodded in agreement.

"We should bring Nanami too," Gojo added.

"And Haibara!" I mentioned.

"Well, we should just bring everyone here," Suguru laughed.

"Oh," I said in realization, "I remember."

Gojo chuckled softly, "such a pity that we couldn't come back here all together."

I swallowed hard and kept silent. A part of me thought back to Riko. I shook my head sadly.

Gojo and I sat under the tree for who knows how long because I ended up dozing off on his shoulder, which he didn't seem to mind (but I was almost certain that he would tease me about it when I wake up).