05

February 2006

Warnings: Blood
--

The curse had multiple eyes, hands, and legs. It made some weird noises and its hands extended out, trying to grab me.

"Wind Breathing Seventh Form: Gale, Sudden Gusts!" I jumped up high and cut off the curse's arms. The curse seemed to be surprised at first but quickly regenerated its arms.

I continued using the same technique to slash its arms but it didn't work. The curse was regenerating too fast. I groaned as one of its hands hit me in the ribs. I crashed in to the wall and got up quickly. It threw objects at me and a few grazed my arm leaving wounds. I wrapped a cloth around my arm to stop the bleeding.

I started to dodge its attacks while thinking of a plan. I quickly formulated a plan and ran away from the curse through the alleyway. The curse was much slower than me so I was well ahead of it.

"Come get me you ugly thing!" I shouted, trying to get the curse to attack me with all its arms. The curse seemed to be angered at my statement and sent all the arms flying towards me at surprising speed.

"Wind Breathing First Form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter!" I dashed forward and sent slashes continuously and chopped off all the arms before jumping into the air and applying cursed energy to my katana. One of the arms had regenerated and held onto my left leg. I tried to get it off but it didn't budge so I continued with my plan.

"Wind Breathing Second Form: Claws-Purifying Wind," I said, sending four slashes down and splitting the curse into four pieces. Blood spilled out and I slashed the curse with one final blow that ended its life.

I looked down at my feet noticing it began to bleed. Shit, there was poison in the curse.

I sighed in annoyance and went back to where I left the little girl. She was asleep. Great. I picked her up and went back down. I couldn't sense anymore curses near us and we were at the end of the alleyway so I decided to walk back. Limping as we go due to my injuries.

"Are you okay?" the girl in my arms asked as she woke up.

"Yeah, can you walk on your own?" I asked.

"Yes," she responded and I put her on the ground. She followed me out the alleyway and we left the veil. I noticed Nanami and Haibara talking to the manager.

"Hey guys, I could use some help," I called out to them. I was getting extremely tired from the long walk and the fight. Especially because of the poison in my leg. Nanami and Haibara ran towards me and helped me walk to the car. The manager went to pick the kid up.

"What happened?" Nanami asked.

"There was a not-so-low-leveled curse back there," I responded, almost falling asleep.

We got in the car and I asked, "How did things go with you two?"

"It turned out my path was connected with Nanami's so we finished it quite quickly," Haibara said.

I nodded in response, too tired to respond to them and I blacked out quickly.

...

I opened my eyes and blinked a few times, trying to adjust my eyesight to the bright light. I was on a hospital bed, I noticed I was wearing striped pants and clothes and my uniform had been washed and folded by the chair beside me.

"Oh hey, you're awake," I heard Shoko's voice say as she came in the door.

"Hi," I said smiling at her.

"I heard about what happened on your mission, you did well," Shoko said, giving me a large grin. "I'm honestly really impressed, you know that the curse you killed was a weak grade 1 curse?"

"Thank you," I replied, blushing a bit at the compliment.

"I'll go inform the others that you're okay now! Come and join us for lunch," Shoko said, leaving the room.

I changed into my uniform and walked down the hallway to the cafeteria.

"Y/n! You're okay," Haibara said, gesturing for me to go join them.

"I'm glad to see that you're okay," Nanami said.

I laughed and said, "Yeah, it's good to see that you guys are doin-"

"Y/n-chan~" A voice called out. Gojo. I turned around to see Gojo jogging towards our table and squeezing me into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/n-"

He was cut off by Shoko bonking his head, "Shut up, let her go you weirdo."

I laughed at Gojo as he pouted at Shoko. Geto soon entered and they all joined us at our table.