𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Rains pov:

"Everyone hates you!" I take a step back from Lilah, feeling my heart sink. Where is Harper when I need her the most? Where is my loyal best friend who has always been there for me? In a desperate attempt to find her, I scan the room, desperately searching for any sign of her presence. My mind races, trying to come up with the perfect response. I know it's true. Just when my hope starts to waver, a glimmer of relief emerges as I spot Harper walking into the room. My heart clenches with anticipation as I foolishly assume that she will defend me and take my side. However, she disappoints me, choosing to remain distant and silent. The realization hits me like a ton of bricks - I am truly alone in this battle.

"look at her? How could someone possibly be that ugly?" That felt like a stab in the heart. "God being friends with her is like carying a thousand bricks on my back"  No Its not? 

"What? But Taylor loves me." her and Lilah scoff.

" No shs doesnt. Taylor is using you for press!" 

"I want Taylor!" Lilah mocks.

"I want Taylor"

"I want Taylor"

"I want Taylor"

"I want Taylor"

"I want Taylor"

"I want Taylor!"

"TAYLOR!" I scream, my voice laced with fear and desperation. It feels as though my throat is being ravaged by the urgency of the high-pitched noise that managed to escape. My body jolts upright, beads of sweat clinging to every inch of my skin. Confusion and frustration consume me as I contemplate the fact that, at 13 years old, I am still tormented by nightmares. I am suddenly feel a gentle touch on my quivering back. My initial instinct is alarm, as I jolt away from the contact startle. However, as my racing heart settles, I realize that it is Taylor, a comforting presence.

"Baby, are you okay? I heard you scream out for me." My mind raced with worry as I swiftly turned around to face Taylor, desperately searching her eyes for any signs of distress. With relief washing over me, I gently guided her down onto the soft comfort of the bed, allowing myself to lay on top of her. Her arms instinctively wrapped around my shaking body. As the warmth of her touch calmed me, her fingertips started to gracefully glide up the fabric of my sweater, their delicate movements creating patterns. 

"Honey, take a deep breath. Everything is going to be okay. We're both safe." I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as a mix of emotions flood over me. It's been such a long time since I've felt this level of comfort. As her delicate nails gently glide across my back, I close my eyes, allowing myself to take in her presence. I silently pray, begging that this moment will never come to an end. "Are you feeling cozy?" she softly asks, her words in my ears. I slightly nod my head. She moves her hand from my back to my head, massaging my scalp with the light pressure of her nails. Warm tears start to stream down my cheeks. When she looks at me and lets out an affectionate "aw" sound, it only intensifies the flood of tears, causing them to flow even more freely.

"I don't want to go back home, I want to stay here with you," I confess, my heart leaning towards the comfort that her presence brings into me. I gaze up at her, my eyes tracing the curve of her lips as they form a warm smile while she looks down on me.

" don't worry Ray we will figure something out." I close my eyes, trying to fall asleep, but fail. 

"Please, hold me," I desperately whisper in the tiniest voice, seeking comfort and seeking the warm embrace of her arms."I am hun, Im not going anywhere." Her touch feels so good as she gently scratches my scalp. I sink in deeper into Taylor, although it may be impossible because I am basically on top of her. I lay my arm on her chest and hold her tightly, hoping she never leaves my side. Because I know in the morning we will be pulled apart. Taylor has cared for me more in the last night than anyone has ever in my whole life.  I curse at myself. I have dance today, well its 3 am, so not for another 7 hours. I hate dancing, it's actually the worst. It destroys my body. I have bruises everywhere from banging myself on the floor and falling to my knees 10 times in one dance. And dont even get me started on what my point shoes have done to my feet. But dance is also the only place where people like me. But they only like me because Im the best in the company. And I'm not exaggerating I actually am the best. i have one first overall In solo at nationals like 2 or 3 times. And that's impressive. But good dancers are bitches. And it's kind of like a stereo type. Competitive dancers are bitches, to other girls that dont dance. That's why I tell people I hate dance. And i dont tell them that i dance, they always figure it out.