𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠

Rains pov:

"Shoot," exclaimed the teacher, "Girls, I haft to deal with something related to the dance. In the meantime, I need you all to work on perfecting your scorpians." As she hurriedly left the room, the rest of us exchanged glances, and my eyes met with Kiara's.

It had become a routine whenever the teacher stepped out of the room – we would work on our assigned tasks, but the minute she was gone, we would all grab our phones and connect them to the speaker.

Phoebe was the first to reach her phone and eagerly plugged it into the speaker. We all came by her side, helping in selecting the perfect song for our dance party. A few of the parents approached us, momentarily distracted from their own conversations, while the majority remained in their own discussions. My attention shifted to Taylor, who was in conversation with another young mother.

Breaking my moments of distraction, Sasha's voice brought me back to the task at hand.

 "Okay, guys, should we go with 'Barbie' or 'Rich Baby Daddy Clean'?" she whispered, careful not to attract unnecessary attention. 

"I don't think it necessarily needs to be clean, considering how Coach Rob always plays 'WAP' on repeat." Mia's quick-witted remark evoked laughter from all of us, breaking the tension.

"We should do Barbie," In agreement with my suggestion, everyone nodded their heads, signaling their approval of 'Barbie' as the chosen song.

rie.

Me and everyone start doing the funniest, weirdest dance moves ever, making silly faces in the mirror while we do. The room echos with laughter as we unleash our inner goofballs, improvising our dance steps to our wild imaginations. Me and Kiara fall onto our knees, almost collapsing in a fit of uncontrollable giggles, and roll into a chest stand, the sound echoing playfully through the room. Our laughter continues to bubble up as we both get up hand in hand, our smiles never fading. Kiara spins me around as if we were waltzing partners. A burst of energy surges through me, and I burst into a vivacious dance routine, shaking my butt with just a hint of playful sassiness, adding an extra splash of humor. 

Sasha and I stand face to face, gazing into each other's eyes. In that moment, a mischievous grin spreads across both our faces. We have our own unique dance move  perfected. It starts with a mad dash towards one another, and tumbling to the ground in sync. We gracefully rise to our feet and begin shaking our butts uncontrollably, causing laughter to fill the air. Our signature move never fails.

"Girls!" the mom that was talking to Taylor yells, her voice filled with shock. It turns out it was Sasha's mom. Taylor glances at me, a mischievous twinkle in her eyes, as if she's about to burst with uncontrollable laughter. Unable to contain myself, I quickly slap my hand over my mouth. The situation is undeniably embarrassing, but it's even more embarrassing because Taylorwas watching, but I mean what did I expect? She came here to see me. As if on cue, Sasha and I burst into laughter, unable to hold back any longer, our apologies barely audible through our fits of giggles.

"Sorry, mom!" Sasha manages to yell over the continued laughter.

"Yeah, sorry-" I begin to say, attempting to apologize without letting my laughter get the best of me, but it's futile.

 "Taylor, you can't laugh," I say, my voice teeming with laughter. "That's not fair. I mean, come on, you basically do a chair dance in front of thousands of people every single night!" The words escape through chuckles and snorts, leaving no room for denial. Taylor's mouth drops open, her eyes widening in surprise at my teasing observation. Despite her shock, it only takes a moment for her laughter to blend with mine. 

"Sorry! I love you?" I sheepishly offer, hoping that my words can somehow convey my regret, even though I know she isn't truly mad.

She turns to Sasha's mom, explaining what I meant, making sure she knew Taylor wasn't some sort of stripper.