𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞

Rains pov:

I can't believe how quickly the morning has flown by; it feels like just moments ago me and Taylor were cuddled in bed. Now, it's already time for Taylor to leave. My head is throbbing from all the tears I've cried. I couldn't control myself from crying, at the thought of Taylor Leaving me. Desperately, I cling to her, never wanting to let go. As she tightly squeezes me, I know I have to find the strength to let her go, even though it's tearing me apart inside. Whispering, with a trembling voice, I manage to say, 

"I love you too," Our hug lingers for a moment longer, and then she softly pulls away. Trying to compose myself, I take a series of deep breaths, not to create to another breakdown. She smiles at me one last time before turning and walking out of the room. As I watch her leave, a wave of emotions washes over me, pain. She suddenly stops in her tracks.

"Wait," she says, her voice filled with confusion. I can see the questions forming in her eyes. "This is your dance room? Where is everyone?" she asks, her gaze sweeping the empty space around us.

"No, this isn't the dance room," I say gently. "That's down the hall. This is where we keep our stuff," I say, with a slight smile. She considers my words for a moment before her face breaks into a grin.

"Let me walk you to your dance room," she offers, her voice filled with warmth.

"Ok!" I say. I know that being around her will make it even harder to say goodbye, but I can't resist her company. I reach out and grab her hand with both of mine, as we begin to walk down the hall towards the elusive dance room. Every step we take feels painful.

Once we finally arrive at the dance room, I can't help but feel a pang of anxiety rising within me. I don't want to create a scene. I quickly pull her into a hug. Then, without looking back, I walk into the room, each step taking me farther away from her killing me inside. I sit down on the floor next to Kiara, who is stretching with everyone else. I place my legs in front of me and reach down to my toes. As I do, my mind wanders to Taylor, who is still walking away from the door. A pang of sadness through my heart.

"What's up? Why do you look so upset?" Kiara asks me, her concern in her voice.

"I don't know." I shrug, trying to hide my sadness. I pull my feet even closer to me, pressing my knees against the floor.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" She asks again, her eyes searching mine for the truth. I take a deep breath, gathering the courage.

"I met Taylor Swift last night." I tell her,  Kiara knows just how obsessed I am with Taylor.

"Whoa! That's insane! Why are you so sad? That's your dream!" She exclaims, a mixture of shock and confusion in her voice.

"Because," I begin, my voice quivering with emotion, "she let me come home with her last night. It was because me and Harper got into a fight, and I was crying on the side of the road. Taylor saw me, took me in, and she let me sleep over." I say. 

"And now she just dropped me off here, and I miss her so much." I continue, tears welling up in my eyes. "It feels like my heart has been ripped apart." I say, falling back onto the floor. 

"I'm sorry to hear that it sucks. Is there a possibility that you will meet her again in the future?" Kiara asks. 

"Yea," I say, a wide smile spreading across my face, "She told me that she's coming to the parent dance thingy." Im so exited to see her again.

———————————————————————

"Okay, and 1, and 2, and 3, and 4," my teacher's voice fills the dance studio as I turn.