𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲

Rains pov:

"Ok Rain, that was great. I'll see you Monday, bye!" My dance teacher tells me.

"Bye!" I say back, swinging my bag over my shoulder. Finally, after what felt like an eternity of solo practice, I had completed the routine. However, the lingering headache from crying over Taylor leaving hung over me throughout. It had been so hard to tear myself away from her, and now the reality of her actaully being for the next three months because her Eras tour weighed heavily on my heart.

Pushing open the door, I stepped outside, greeted by a gust of cold air that tingled against my skin. Glancing at my phone, the time read 2 o'clock. A brief moment of worry crept in as I looked around for my mom; she hadn't arrived yet. Suddenly, a honk pierced the air, capturing my attention. My eyes scanned the parking lot, only to find a single car with its lights on. Peering through the window, my heart raced as I saw Taylor inside. Without a second thought, I darted towards the car, and as Taylor stepped out, her arms opened wide, ready to envelop me in a warm embrace. 

"Taylor!" I exclaimed, dropping my bag and leaping into her awaiting arms.

"Mmm, hey buddy!" Taylor greeted, lifting me off the ground, my legs instinctively wrapping around her waist. Nestling my head onto her shoulder, the familiar comfort of being in her arms.

Curiosity tugged at me as I asked, "Why are you still here?" my voice muffled against her.

"I couldn't bear to leave you! Plus, your mom needed help wrangling all your cousins," Taylor explained, swaying gently as she held me close. Lifting my head to meet her gaze, I said,

 "You're coming home with me?"

"Absolutely!" Taylor confirmed, flashing a radiant smile. I wrapped my arms around her in an embrace, squeezing her tightly. 

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I repeated.

"Of course buddy!" Taylor says to me, her warm smile reassuring me as she gently lowers me to the ground. When my feet make contact with the pavement, I find that my arms instinctively linger around her, hesitant to let go.

"Come on, Ray," Taylor says, breaking the moment. "Your family will be here at 4, and you still need to shower and get ready. Let's head home." Grasping my arms and pulling them away, she guides me towards the car.

Nodding in agreement, I pick up my bag from the ground and make my way to the passenger side of the car. As I secure my seatbelt, Taylor settles into the driver's seat and starts the music. The familiar melody of "I Knew You Were Trouble" fills the car.

"Tsk, I can't stand when this happens," Taylor remarks, reaching to turn off the music.

"No! I love this song!" I protest, quickly turning it back on and singing along. Taylor chuckles at my reaction, the warmth of her laughter filling the vehicle.

With a smile, she closes her door and starts the engine, smoothly maneuvering the car out of the parking lot. The familiar surroundings slowly drift away as we drive towards home, the comfort of Taylor's company easing any tension from the day.

As we arrived and parked in the familiar driveway of my house, a rush of excitement welled up inside me. 

"Oh! I can show you my room!" I exclaimed, turning to Taylor eagerly.

 "Yes! Let's head in now, pumpkin," she replied, swiftly unbuckling her seatbelt. Following her lead, I unfastened mine and leaped out of the car, casually slinging my bag over my shoulder. After shutting the car door, I moved towards Taylor, reaching for her hand as we strolled towards the front door. I pushed the doorbell, befire turning to Taylor and asking,