𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲

Taylors Pov:

"Mom," I pleaded urgently, my voice laced with panic, "could you please find a towel or anything to cover her?" She gave me a quick nod before hurrying off to grab what I had requested.

"Rain," I questioned gently, running my fingers through her now disheveled hair, "how long have you been in here?"

"He took me during 'Long Live'," she cried, her distress palpable. My heart ached for her.

"How did he manage to take you, sweetheart?" I ask softly, trying to get to the bottom of the situation. She hiccuped in between sobs, and the sight of her tear-stained face and injuries only made me hold onto her fragile form even tighter.

" He said he was going to take me to the stage for the 22 hat. I was so scared," she whimpered, her voice barely above a whisper, breaking me down. 

"Are you feeling any pain, darling? Do you need me to check for injuries?" I asked, as I gently brushed strands of hair away from her face.

"no, but I'm not okay," she choked out through her tears. Understanding her emotional distress, I simply nodded and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I know, sweetheart, I'll make sure you'll be okay," I assured her, taking a short pause before continuing. "Can you try to remember when he stopped?"

"I don't know, I don't remember!" she cried out in desperation. Confusion clouded her eyes, and she buried her face against my chest, trembling with fear.

"It's alright, baby, I'm here with you. He's gone, and things will get better," I murmured, my nails gently tracing comforting patterns on her bare back. Just then, my mom rushed in with a towel and a water bottle, which she handed over to me with a sense of urgency. I quickly thanked her before returning my focus to Rain.

"Let me wrap this towel around you, Rain, darling," I said soothingly, rubbing circles on her back. She lifted her head from my chest, and with a shaky hand, she tentatively took mine as I stood up, offering her support in this vulnerable moment.

I wrapped the soft, fluffy towel around her small, trembling body, feeling the weight of her sobs still lingering in the air. With one hand providing a comforting touch on Rain's back, I reached for the water bottle my mom had brought, the cool plastic smooth beneath my fingertips. Carefully unscrewing the cap, I extended the bottle towards Rain with a sense of urgency and care in my voice as I urged her to drink. 

"Here baby, please, take a sip," I whispered desperately, feeling a knot tighten in my chest as I watched her struggle to calm her breathing. Gently rubbing her back in soothing circles, I whispered words of reassurance, "Shh, it's alright, my love, take your time."

Rain managed to compose herself enough to accept the water and take a few sips, handing the bottle back to me before her tears began to flow once more.

 "Come here, let me carry you," I offered softly, feeling a rush of protectiveness as she raised her arms and I lifted her up into my embrace. Her legs instinctively wrapped around my waist, her arms encircling my neck tightly as I held her close. Stepping out of the room with her cradled against me, her heart-wrenching sobs echoing in my ears as I navigated my way back to where the rest of everyone awaited us on the main floor.

Guiding her to the tent, I settled Rain onto the plush couch, her arms reaching out for me, a silent plea for comfort evident in her eyes. 

"Just a moment, baby," I murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to her wet cheek before reluctantly stepping away,  turning back at the sound of her cry for me, 

"No! Taylor!" She screams pulling me to her side in an instant.

"Baby," I say softly as I feel her grip tighten around me,