𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐨𝐧

Rains Pov:

We are right in the middle of the movie that we are currently watching, and it feels like time has flown by. She allowed me to choose the movie, and I ended up selecting "The Princess and the Frog," which happens to be my all-time favorite. Throughout the entirety of the movie, Taylor and I are snuggled up closely together. I nestle my head against her warm chest, while my legs curl up against her. Her arm is draped around my shoulder, and her delicate fingers trace delicate patterns on my arm, creating a soothing sensation. Meanwhile, her other hand rests gently in her lap, firmly holding onto mine. As I glance up at her, I notice how her attention is on the screen. It's in moment, away from the chaos of photographers, fabricated rumors, and the relentless pursuit of fame, that I see the true Taylor - a caring and loving woman who took me under her wing, providing me with the love and care that I so desperately needed. She looks down and catches me glancing at her, a hint of curiosity in her eyes. 

"Whatcha thinking about?" She playfully asks me, her voice laced with a touch of mischief. I can't help but smile brightly at her.

"You," I whisper softly.

"I'm so grateful for you." With every word, I suggle closer to her, my body language expressing  my emotions. I press myself against her, not just for physical comfort, but as a way to show her how much I truly needed this. She smiles at me, wrapping her arms tightly around me and planting a gentle kiss on the top of my head, a silent reassurance of her love.

"Well, I'm so grateful I bumped into you," she says. I pause for a moment, my mind filling with questions. Why did she stop to help me? Why didn't she just leave me on the side of the road like everyone else did?

 "Why did you stop for me?" An earnest look crosses her face as she responds.

"Because, at the red light, I saw you just sitting there, crying, and all those people just walking past you shattered my heart. You looked so hurt and alone to be sitting there in the dark. The city is a treacherous place, it pained me to imagine you all by yourself. That's why I helped you, and im so happy I did." I stare at her with a blank look on my face, amazed that Taylor Swift, of all people, who has offered to help me. I can't help but turn my head back into her comforting chest, before my mom pulls me away. I can already predict her reaction; she won't allow me to see Taylor again. That's how she is, always overprotective and quick to jump to conclusions. As if on cue, as soon as I climb into her car, I can visualize the storm that awaits. Her voice will be filled with anger, scolding me for my immaturity and accusing me of wandering the city alone. She'll argue that I should have taken care of myself instead of relying on Taylor. And, of course, she'll find a way to make it my fault that Harper was unkind to me. 

"Taylor," I whispered, my voice trembling. "It's hopeless. My mom is never going to let me see you again. I can already picture her angry face and hear her shouts as soon as I step inside the car." The words came out quietly. Fear gripped me tight. I instantly regret  complaining to her. She is being so nice and supportive and I just keep complaining. "I'm sorry, Taylor. I shouldn't complain or burden you with my problems," I said, feeling a knot tighten in my throat. Taylor let out a sigh and gently rubbed my arm, her touch calming my anxious heart. With warmth and reassurance in her voice, she said, 

"Honey, don't worry. I promise you, I'll do whatever it takes to make sure we can see each other again. How about I ask if I can personally drive you to dance class? Would that make it easier for you?" Surprise washed over me. Taylor genuinely cared about me that much? 

"You would do that for me?" I ask her with hope in my eyes. She looks down at me, her expression softening, and nods her head gently. I smile brightly. In that moment, I can't help but smush myself into her, seeking comfort in her warm embrace. As if we were two puzzle pieces perfectly fitting together, she laughs and hugs me tightly, her love enveloping me completely.