Jungkook

I thought it's Wednesday that's why I updated new part today but anywho enjoy it!!'

"That's all sweetheart"

When she heard what I said, Aria turned to face me fully. Her eyes had widened with shock and a touch of hope

"I.. hmm, I couldn't hear you, chief what did you say?"

"That's all Ms?!.."

"Aria Bennett"

I snapped my fingers, gave her a look, and then said...

"That's all Ms Bennett"

She gave me a warm smile. I went and sat beside my friends who were already waiting for me; they had ordered for me.

When I saw her for the first time after a whole year, after that night, the horrible night, I felt overwhelmed by a storm of emotions.

Time had stretched out, and in that moment, everything else faded away. The anticipation, the longing, the uncertainty, all culminating in that one powerful encounter.

It's amazing how a single moment can hold so much weight and meaning. How did I feel after seeing her? It brought a sense of relief and a mix of emotions.

As the chief of police, I had seen countless faces, but hers was one I could never forget. It had been a year since that night, the one that had changed everything, and there she was, in the neighborhood bakery, her hands dusted with flour, her eyes occasionally darting in my direction, then away, as if she were trying to will herself invisible.

I was there with my fellow officers, a brief respite in our day to enjoy the simple pleasure of fresh pastries and coffee.

The bakery was a cozy haven, the smell of baked goods a stark contrast to the sterile precinct. My friends chatted and laughed, but their voices seemed distant as I found myself stealing glances at her.

She moved with a grace that was familiar yet distant, each step and turn a dance I had once known well. She was trying to avoid my gaze, her actions deliberate, her focus on the customers and her tasks.

But our eyes met, inevitably, time and time again. Each glance held a conversation, a year's worth of words unsaid.

The bakery hummed with life around us, but in the bubble of our unspoken dialogue, it was as if we were the only two people in the world.

I could see the questions in her eyes, the same ones that echoed in my mind. How had she been this past year?

I knew I should focus on the present, on the camaraderie of my fellow officers, but the past was sitting just a few feet away, serving coffee with a side of memories.

It was impossible not to feel the weight of the badge on my chest, a reminder of the duty that had both connected us and driven us apart.

As the minutes ticked by, the bakery's warmth seeped into my bones, and I realized that this was more than a chance encounter.

It was a crossroads, a moment that held the potential for healing or further heartache. And as I took another sip of my coffee, I knew that whatever came next, it started here, with her, in a bakery that smelled like hope and tasted like forgiveness.