Aria

Jungkook stood right by my side, his presence like a shield, ready to take on whatever came our way. As I locked eyes with my sister, it felt like I was caught in a whirlwind of emotions, where reality and dreams intertwined.

But with Jungkook's unwavering support, I knew I had the strength to face whatever was about to unfold.

"Isabella," I whispered, my voice barely audible in the tense air that surrounded us. She looked at both of us, her gaze filled with a mix of surprise and hesitation.

It had been a whole year since we last saw her, since that fateful night when we discovered the truth about Jungkook.

"What... are..." I struggled to find the right words, my throat tightening with a flood of emotions. But the words seemed to elude me, slipping through my fingers like sand.

Jungkook sensed my unease and gently placed his hands on my shoulders, a silent reassurance that gave me the strength to continue.

And then, just a few moments later, Ethen and his wife appeared, drawn by the persistent knocking on the door.

"Isabella, what are you doing here? It's been such a long time since we've seen you,"

Ethen said, his voice filled with a mix of surprise and genuine concern. He stepped forward, enveloping her in a warm embrace, as if trying to bridge the gap that had formed between them over the past year.

I watched the scene unfold before me, a bittersweet mix of emotions swirling within. Part of me longed to join them, to let go of the pain and resentment that had built up over time.

But another part of me held back, cautious and guarded, unsure of what Isabella's sudden appearance meant for our fractured relationship.

As the room filled with a heavy silence, I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts and summoning the courage to speak.

"Isabella," I began, my voice steady despite the turmoil inside me.

"There are so many things we need to talk about, so many unanswered questions."

She looked at me, her eyes filled with a mixture of regret and longing.

"I know, Aria," she replied softly, her voice laced with a hint of sadness. "And I'm ready to face the consequences of my actions."

Ethen's voice was tinged with a mixture of concern and disbelief as he stood in the doorway, his eyes searching Isabella's face for some hint of the familiar sister they once knew.

"Isabella, how are you doing? What brings you to our doorstep after all this time?" he inquired, his brow furrowed in confusion.

Isabella shuffled her feet awkwardly, her gaze fixed on some unseen point in the distance.

"I was just passing through the neighborhood," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper. "I thought I'd stop by and see how everyone's doing."

I watched from the living room, the weight of my dream still pressing heavily on my chest. I longed to reach out to her, to bridge the chasm that had formed between us, but the remnants of my nightmare sapped my strength, leaving me rooted to the spot.