THE LAST DAY

SALVATORE HOUSE

Elijah: Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse.

Stefan: Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus.

Elijah: Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid.

Damon walks into the room

Damon: Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie.

Stefan: Damon...

Elena: No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying.

Damon: I'll write her a great eulogy.

Amelia: It's not an option, Damon.

Stefan: All right, how do we break this curse?

Elijah: Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know.

Stefan: The moonstone.

Elijah: A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each.

Elena: And where do I fit into it?

Elijah: The final part of the ritual.

Elijah takes a wooden box from the shelf.

Elijah: Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death.

Elena takes Amelia's hand, lifts to her lips. Amelia has tears flowing down her face.

Elena: And that's where you come in.

Elijah: This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation.

Elena: So I'll be dead?

Elijah: And then you won't.

Damon: That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?

Amelia: What about the mate bond?

Elijah: There is no guarantee that will work in this instance.

Damon: We'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?

Elena: Then I guess I'll just be dead.

Amelia looks at her through her teary eyes and stands up, walking out of the room, sniffing as she runs upstairs.

AMELIA'S BEDROOM

Elena walks into the bedroom finding Amelia sitting on the edge of her bed clutching Mr. Moo against her chest

Elena: You disappeared

Amelia: I didn't want to hear anymore.

Elena: I need you to understand why I'm doing this.

Amelia: Why? It clearly doesn't matter what I think.

Elena kneels down in front of her taking her hands in hers, pressing them to her lips

Elena: I'll be fine. I'll drink the elixir and if that doesn't work, our bond will bring me back.

Amelia: I can't lose you.

Elena: You won't ever lose me.

She sits up and cups her face in her hands, pressing their lips together in a soft passionate kiss. Amelia slowly moves her lips against hers as tears steams down her cheeks.