AS I LAY DYING

TOWN SQUARE

There's a banner reading "Movie in the Square Presents Gone With the Wind". Some girls are dressed up for the event. Elena and Amelia walking through the square.

Elena: Why'd you bring me here, darling?

Amelia: You needed to get out of the house. This is our three-hour distraction from reality. We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore.

They unfold a blanket and put it on the ground. Elena and Amelia kneels on it. Caroline arrives with a couple of baskets and places them in the middle of the blanket.

Caroline: Hey! There you guys are. Who's hungry?

Elena: Are we really doing this?

Caroline: Yes, we are really doing this. We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war.

She kneels down on the blanket.

Caroline: I know you went through hell, and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere.

Amelia leans up and pecks her on the lips, Elena clears her throat and Amelia smiles pecking her on the lips

Amelia: Did you bring----

Caroline: Of course I did, my love

She reaches into her bag and pulls out Mr. Moo. Amelia squeals taking the cow holding it tightly against her chest.

Amelia: What are we eating?

Caroline: Something good

Elena: Are you on the menu, baby?

Amelia blushes pushing her playfully in the chest.

Later Stefan walks up to them

Stefan: Hey.

Elena: Hey! Look who couldn't resist an epic romance.

Stefan: Will you come take a walk with me?

She gets up and walks with him. Amelia pulls up the blanket and nuzzles into Caroline's chest who smiles down at her, pressing her lips to her forehead.

Elena: Movie night's supposed to be a distraction. Tomorrow we can return to our regularly scheduled drama.

Stefan: I know. I wish this could wait, but it can't. Listen, um, the other night when Damon was helping Amelia, something happened. Amelia was starting to transform, and Damon was bitten.

Elena: What? Is it...is he gonna...

Stefan: Yeah.

They look over towards Amelia and Caroline, Amelia is giggling smiling happily

Stefan: Don't tell Amelia, okay? If she knew what happened, she'll hate herself for hurting Damon. It'll kill her.

Elena: I know.

Stefan: It's not over. There might be a cure, but I have to find Klaus to get it.

Elena: No. He's gonna kill you.

Stefan: No, he had the chance to kill me, but he didn't. Whatever Damon's done, whatever has led him here, I'm the one that made him become a vampire in the first place, so if there's a chance for a cure, I owe it to him to find it.

Caroline and Amelia are looking at Gone with the Wind on a large outdoor projector screen.

Caroline: All this waiting around for news is ruining Scarlett for me.

Amelia is sitting between her legs, tracing her fingers up and down her arm. Caroline pecks her mate on the cheek. Amelia tilts her head back and smiles at her.

Amelia: I love you

Caroline: I love you more, my love.

SALVATORE HOUSE

Amelia sits on the edge of her bed, head hung low, tears steaming down her face, sobbing. Katherine knees down in front of her and Amelia looks up at her as Katherine wipes away her tears.

Katherine: Are you okay?

Amelia: I bit Damon

Katherine: He's okay. I brought the cure. Klaus's blood.

Amelia: Are you-----are you leaving me again?

Katherine: No, baby. I will never leave you.

She sits up and presses her lips to her forehead, taking her into her arms. Amelia buries her head in her chest as Katherine kisses her on the side of the head while running her fingers through her hair.

Amelia lifts her head up and leans up kissing her softly on the lips

Amelia: I love you, Kat.

Katherine: I love you more, babygirl.