GHOST WORLD

MYSTIC GRILL

Jeremy, Elena, Amelia and Katherine are sitting outside the Mystic Grill. Stefan's journals are on the table.

Elena: Hey, Jer, I need you to help me with something.

Jeremy: What's up?

Elena: I've been going through Stefan's old journals. Every single time that he's gone off the rails in the past, his best friend Lexi's been the one to bring him back.

Katherine: So where is she now that we need her

She pulls Amelia into her chest, the Marshal nuzzles into her chest and purrs happily.

Jeremy: She's dead.

He looks at Elena.

Jeremy: And you want me to try to reach her, don't you?

Elena: I thought if I knew how she did it, maybe I could help him.

Jeremy: I don't even know if she's on the other side.

Elena: Is that what it's called?

Jeremy: That's what Anna calls it. There's not like an official brochure or anything.

Amelia: So what is it, like some sort of supernatural purgatory?

Jeremy: Well, Anna said it's like being here with all of us, only we can't see her or hear her. And she can't interact with anyone. She's all alone.

Anna appears in the empty seat

Jeremy: Vicki had help from a witch on the other side. Anna...She's doing this all by herself.

Amelia: Why are you even talking to Anna? You got Bonnie and she's a great girl, Jer.

Jeremy: That's not what----

Elena: Do you think it's even possible to contact Lexi?

Jeremy: I don't know. I didn't have an emotional connection with her. I never even met her.

Amelia: Can we drop this? Please

Elena: I can't drop it, sweetheart.

Katherine: Don't you think we have a few too many dead vampire bitches in our past to be sitting here thinking of them watching us?

Anna: I don't think all supernatural spirits go to the other side. I think some of them find peace.

Jeremy looks at her but all that the girls can see are an empty chair.

Elena: Is Anna here right now?

Anna: Don't tell her I'm here. She won't like it.

Jeremy: No, no. I'm going to go, uh, check my work schedule.

He gets up and leaves. Stefan arrives and sits down in Jeremy's seat.

Stefan: Hey, guys. Who forgot to invite me to the family summit?

He sees the journals and takes one and looks through it.

Stefan: Hmm? Wow. All these words. I forgot how much I used to care.

Elena: I didn't.

Stefan: You know, Elena, it's probably best you not torture yourself with memories from the past. It's best we both just move on and accept things as they are.

Katherine: Why don't you fuck off, Stefan?

Stefan: I don't have to be here, Katherine.

But Elena's here, and I look out for Elena. Besides, there's going to be people everywhere tonight. So there's going to be lots to eat.