Chapter 11

"I saw Marcus while I was out last night, and he asked for you," Brooke revealed, making Avery roll her eyes at the mention of her ex

"What did you tell him?" Avery sighed, her displeasure evident in her voice.

"I told him you're in Vegas, bouncing on some millionaire dick," Brooke laughed, making Avery do the same. "I'm just playing," she said, clearing her throat. "I actually told him that you're doing great and focused on yourself, as he should be."

Unbeknownst to Avery, Omar stood just outside his living room door, listening in amusement. He and Avery hadn't so much as even brought up titles or anything of that nature.

But to hear that she was completely over her ex made him feel good. When they first met in Turks and Caicos over a week ago, she told him that she hadn't seen or spoken to her ex in the last six months.

Clearing his throat as he stepped into the room, Omar smiled as Avery turned to look at him. "Brooke, we'll talk later," she said before ending the call.

"You didn't have to stop talking on my account," Omar smirked mischievously. "Your girl wasn't wrong about you bouncing on millionaire dick, although last night you did more throwing back than bouncing."

Avery's cheeks flamed as she realized he overheard her conversation with Brooke.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean for you to hear that," Avery stumbled over her words. "Brooke lacks a filter."

"It's cool," Omar said as he walked over to where she sat on the couch, reaching down so he could run the pad of his thumb across her bottom lip, his gaze intense as their eyes met.

Avery's heart skipped a beat as she felt the electric touch of Omar's thumb against her lip. The intensity in his eyes sent shivers down her spine, and she found herself unable to look away.

"Brooke may lack a filter, but I'm glad she told your ex that you're doing great," Omar whispered, his voice low and seductive.

His thumb trailed from her lip, down to her throat, and then her chest before pushing open the robe she wore to reveal her breast.

Avery's breath hitched in her throat as Omar's touch ignited a fiery desire within her. The robe slipped off her shoulders, pooling behind her on the bed, leaving her exposed to his hungry gaze. She couldn't deny the electrifying chemistry between them, a connection that seemed to grow stronger with each passing moment.

Omar leaned in closer, his lips hovering just inches away from Avery's. The anticipation between them was palpable, as if the air crackled with a magnetic force pulling them together.