Chapter 25

"Let's make a deal," Avery smirked as she walked out of the the en-suite bathroom of their sprawling penthouse suite that overlooked Beverly Hills

"What for?" Omar asked, a mischievous smile on his lips as he watched Avery sit down of the edge of their bed so she could put on her heels.

"If the Lakers beat the Miami I get to decide a forfeit for you," Avery explained.

"Deal and if Miami whoop the Lakers ass like I know they will, my word is final the entire weekend." Omar smiled sinisterly as his eyes washed over Avery's petite yet curvaceous body.

He didn't have to utter a suggestive word for Avery to pick up on the erotic undertone, although she didn't often say it, she was beginning to know her man incredibly well.

Avery raised an eyebrow, a playful glint in her eyes as she stood up and sauntered over to where Omar was lounging on the balcony. She leaned in close, her lips brushing against his ear as she whispered, "You're on, but just remember, I play dirty."

Omar chuckled, his hands trailing down her back as he pulled her closer. "I wouldn't have it any other way," he murmured, before capturing her lips in a heated kiss.

As they broke apart, a sly grin crossed Avery's face. This was going to be one game neither of them would soon forget.

In search of a little quiet before the storm that was Coachella, Omar flew himself and Avery out to Los Angeles on Wednesday morning. Although he had spent the majority of his week in Nevada, he had his jet come to pick up Avery before making his way to California.

"It's been so long since I've been in Cali," Avery smiled as she used her hand to shield her eyes from the bright midday sun while standing on the sprawling balcony of their hotel suite.

"How long?" Omar smirked as he stalked over to her, pressing a kiss to her forehead before his hands found her hips.

"At least two years," Avery revealed, making his eyes go round with shock.

"It's definitely been a minute. What kept you away?" Omar asked as he leaned back against the railing that ran across the balcony, bringing Avery to stand between his open legs.

"To be honest with you, life," she shrugged. "I forgot how beautiful it is out here, thank you for inviting me."

Placing her hands on Omar's cheeks, Avery brought his lips down to hers so she could initiate a kiss, her tongue parting his lips as she moaned into his mouth.

Omar deepened the kiss, pulling her closer to him. The warmth of the sun and the soft breeze made the moment feel even more perfect. They stood there, lost in each other, savoring the taste of each other's lips.