Chapter 20

Although Avery planned to get up before the rest of the house, it appeared that Omar had beaten her to it as she turned over to find his side of the bed empty

The sun had yet to rise as Avery got out of bed, but the Miami heat greeted her as soon as she stepped out of the room. Keeping quiet as she tiptoed through the empty halls of the spacious villa, she made her way to the only place she expected Omar to be at this hour.

Leaning against the door frame of the home gym, a small tired smirk spread across Avery's face as she watched Omar skillfully work against a punching bag, a du-rag covering his tapered waves as he perfected his craft.

Avery took in the way his muscles moved beneath his tattooed skin, the extensive artwork spanning from his neck to his feet, each tattoo with its own story to tell.

As he noticed her presence, Omar paused mid-punch, his intense gaze meeting hers. "Good morning, beautiful. Why are you up so early?" he asked, wiping the sweat from his brow with a towel.

Avery smiled softly as she stepped into the quiet room. "I'm making a birthday breakfast for Cassidy," she explained, walking over to stand beside him. "But when I realized you weren't in bed with me, I wanted to come and find you."

Omar chuckled, his eyes softening as he looked at her. "You didn't have to do that, but I appreciate it," he replied, his voice still husky from the early hour. "I just wanted to get in a good workout before we start the day."

Avery nodded in understanding, watching him resume his training with a sense of admiration. She loved the dedication and love he had for the art of boxing. It was part of the reason he was regarded as one of the best in his craft.

"How did you sleep?" Omar asked as he took a sip from his cup before closing the lid and putting it back down.

"Like a baby," Avery said, a soft, knowing smile playing on her lips. The night before their sex had been intense and passionate and exactly what Avery needed to put her mind at ease.

She remembered the way he had held her close, the depth of his thrusts, the way he looked into her eyes and spoke to her as she came, and made her feel cherished in every possible way. Avery felt a surge of warmth in her chest as she remembered it all.

As she watched Omar continue his training, she couldn't help but feel a rush of pride. He was not only a skilled boxer but also a kind and loving partner. Avery knew she was lucky to have him by her side.

After a few more minutes of watching him, Avery finally spoke up. "I'll leave you to it then. I'm going to make a start on breakfast."

Omar nodded, his focus back on the punching bag in front of him. "I'm about to finish up in here; I'll be out soon."

Avery smiled, feeling content as she left the gym and headed to the kitchen to start on Cassidy's birthday breakfast. The aroma of sizzling bacon filled the air as she began to prepare a feast fit for a celebration. She couldn't wait to see the joy on Cassidy's face when she woke up to the surprise.