Chapter 22

While Avery enjoyed the company of her colleagues, she typically kept her interactions strictly within office hours

While Avery enjoyed the company of her colleagues, she typically kept her interactions strictly within office hours. However, Brandon surprised everyone by extending an invitation for the whole team to gather for dinner and drinks in honor of the successful merger. He had gone above and beyond for the team, renting out one of the most coveted restaurants in the city for the evening.

Avery smoothed down the front of her top as she was led to the dinner table by a waiter, smiling as she spotted a few of her colleagues already seated, with Brandon at the head of the table.

Poised to take over his father's company when the time came, Brandon had slowly begun moving himself into a leadership position.

"Avery!" He smiled, standing from his seat as he noticed her, his eyes taking in her figure, intrigued to see her out of office wear and in something a little more sexy.

"Hi Brandon, good evening everyone!" Avery smiled as she took a seat beside Lauren.

"Hey, girl," she smiled politely before bringing her martini glass to her lips. "You look pretty."

"Thank you, Lauren, so do you, I love your top," Avery replied graciously, returning the compliment. She felt Brandon's intense gaze from across the table but brushed it off.

"Thank you, some of us were planning to hit up the club after this. You're more than welcome to join us," Lauren smiled.

"I'd love to, but I have plans later."

"That's a shame, I'm excited to spend time with Brandon outside of the office. He's so handsome, and it definitely helps that he's richer than most," Lauren smirked playfully as her eyes flashed across the table to the man in question.

There was no denying Brandon was a handsome man, but Omar was all-consuming. He had her well and truly hooked.

Well over a week had passed since they had returned home from Miami, and the picture of them taken outside of the club by paparazzi had long since been forgotten. It was rare for a day to end without Avery sharing a phone or FaceTime call with Omar.

Even from all the way in Vegas, he was able to make her feel like the sexiest version of herself. There was one night when she answered her FaceTime call, her face free of any makeup, and he made it a point to tell Avery how good she looked.

Later that evening, his jet was set to land in Atlanta, and there was no way she was going to choose the company of her colleagues over his.

"Late-night dick appointment?" Lauren smirked knowingly. She too had seen the pictures of Omar and Avery in Miami but knew better than to put her nose into business that didn't concern her.

"Something like that," Avery replied with a sly smile, not willing to divulge too much information to her nosy colleague. As the dinner progressed, Avery couldn't shake off the feeling of Brandon's gaze following her every move. She could sense his interest and couldn't deny the slight flutter it caused in her stomach.