Chapter 18

Avery's time in London with Omar flew by faster than she had anticipated, leaving her longing for more

Avery's time in London with Omar flew by faster than she had anticipated, leaving her longing for more. The memories of their trip caused her cheeks to flush whenever she reminisced about them. As she returned to reality on Monday morning, a multitude of calls and emails clamored for her immediate attention.

"Since you're such a fan of weekends away in different cities, I figured you'd want to take me somewhere for my birthday?" Cassidy smiled sweetly over FaceTime, making her older sister roll her eyes as she sat at her desk, a hot cup of coffee in one hand and her phone in the other.

"Where?" Avery huffed as Cassidy's grin doubled in size. As the baby of the family, it went without saying that Cassidy was spoiled rotten by her parents and even more so by her older sister.

"I was thinking Aspen could be cute," Cassidy said as she twirled a lock of her hair around her finger. "Or maybe we could do a beach trip instead?"

Avery let out an exasperated sigh. "Cass, you know I literally came home days ago?"

Cassidy pouted, her lower lip sticking out in a classic move that always tugged at Avery's heartstrings. "But it's my birthday, Ave. Pleeease?"

Avery couldn't resist her little sister's puppy dog eyes. With a resigned smile, she said, "Fine, I'll see what I can do."

Cassidy squealed in delight, already planning her birthday adventure in her mind. Avery couldn't help but chuckle at her sister's enthusiasm as she ended the call.

Placing her phone down on her desk, Avery put her attention back on her emails as she sipped her coffee, the memories of her time in London with Omar still fresh in her mind.

Just as Avery found her groove, her phone began to ring on her desk, butterflies fluttering in her stomach as she saw Omar's name flashing on the screen. She quickly answered, eager to hear his voice again.

"Hey, Avery," Omar's smooth voice greeted her, causing her heart to skip a beat. "I can't stop thinking about our time in London. I wanted to hear your voice."

Avery's cheeks flushed at Omar's words, the memories of their time together flooding back in vivid detail. "Hey, Omar," she replied, trying to sound casual despite the butterflies in her stomach. "I can't stop thinking about it either. It feels like a dream now that I'm back to reality."

Omar chuckled softly on the other end of the line. "I know what you mean. We had a good time. I wish we could go back and do it all over again."

Avery found herself nodding in agreement, a wistful smile tugging at her lips. "I just got off the phone with Cassidy, she basically told me I'm taking her somewhere for her birthday weekend."

Omar laughed, the sound warm and inviting. "Well, looks like you have your hands full, does she have anywhere in mind?"

Avery chuckled, shaking her head at Cassidy's antics. "She's thinking Aspen or a beach trip. I guess I'll have to start planning another getaway already."