XVI: Baby #2?

Two Weeks Later

Beyoncé Knowles

Beyoncé Knowles

I sat at my desk in my lecture hall, going through my student's assignments from my Music Fundamentals class, that were due on Blackboard. When an email notification popped up, I quickly went to my email to check it. Clicking on the most recent email, I noticed it was from an Academic Advisor on campus. Reading through the email, I sat stunned and leaned back in my chair, speechless.

She is not playing. She's serious about cutting me out of her life. I started to stress even more, thinking about Megan and I's situation. I can't believe this is happening to us. All the trials and tribulations we've gone through, all the time, the pain that I've caused to her and the people around me and it was all for nothing.

Thinking for a few minutes, I decided to gather my things and head over to Kelly's lecture room. When I approached the room, I noticed a few students straggling behind and waiting to speak to her. I took my time, walking down the steps of her lecture hall and waited quietly off to the side until she wrapped up her conversation with her last student.

"B!" Kelly squealed, rushing over to me before the student could even leave the lecture hall.

"Kelly!" I gritted.

"I'm sorry, babe, but it's fine." She said excitedly, ignoring the student's presence as she embraced me in a tight hug.

I laughed and hugged her back as she rocked me from side to side. When the student left the hall, Kelly finally pulled away from me and eyed me up and down with a huge smile on her face.

"You look good, B. Tapping more into your southern roots Ms. Cowgirl?" She asked me.

I rolled my eyes playfully and nodded my head. "I'm nearing the section of one of my courses where I focus on genres and the Black influence on each genre. You know Country and Rhythm & Blues are my favorite genres to discuss and go over."

"Mhm...." She smiled at me.

"Anyway." I laughed. "I wanted to talk to you."

"About what?" She asked me.

"Well...about how your classes have been today." I said sweetly.

"Fine..." She said skeptically as she eyed me up and down suspiciously. "Unh unh...what's up B? I know you didn't come over here to ask me about my classes when you could've texted me that."

I sighed and stared at her. "I got an email....Megan..—."

"Hush." She shook her head. "Let me get my things real quick and we're going to go to my office."

I nodded my head and she went over to her desk to gather her laptop and bag. We walked together to her office and once she let me in, she closed the door and I sat down at one of the chairs in front of her desk. She walked over to her desk and put her things down before settling into her chair behind her desk and stared at me.