Chapter 26

"How can either of you even think that's a possibility?"

"I didn't think it was possible that Cheryl would start a gang and take all the girls from us," Jughead cried out. "This wouldn't really be pushing it."

"I'm sorry, but that's my gang you're referring to," Toni snapped.

"Your gang that Cheryl created and made the initial recruitments for," I said, watching the growing crowd down the hall. "Your gang that I will most definitely not be joining."

Toni sighed. "Look, I know Cheryl still is holding onto her grudge against you, but this is my call. You know you want to do more than you are with the Serpents right now, and the Pretty Poisons can give you that."

I shook my head, ignoring the look on Jughead's face. "I had that before, but things have changed since then. I've had the leadership position and look how that turned out."

"Abigail," Toni said softly, placing a hand on my arm. "That wasn't because–"

"Hey, what the hell's going on over there?" Jughead asked, grabbing a kid running past.

He glanced back towards the crowd before answering. "The Gargoyles are mixing it up with the Poisons and the Farmies."

The three of us looked at one another before taking off down the hall, pushing through the people struggling to see in the classroom. "Is this a high school or a Roger Corman movie?" I heard Jughead wonder aloud.

The scene in the room was worse than any of us expected. A few Farmies pushed past us out of the room as soon as we entered, leaving the mob in the center of the room, desks shoved aside.

"Hey! Hey, back down! Poisons, stand down!" we ordered. The black and purple blur in front of us ignored us for the most part, only a few people stepping away. Those from the Farm ran out the whichever door was closest. Unless she was somewhere in the middle of the crowd, I didn't see Evelyn Evernever, their leader. Or Cheryl Blossom, now that I thought about it. We began grabbing whoever we could, shoving them away from the mess.

"Enough!" Weatherbee shouted from the doorway. Everyone froze before slowly releasing their hold on others. As Weatherbee's glare swept over the room, I noticed that the crowd watching from the hall had disappeared. "One week's detention for everyone in this room. You three, my office, now," Weatherbee ordered, pointing to Jughead, Toni, and I.

For the second time that day, I found myself in front of Weatherbee's desk, this time though, I stood in a line between Toni and Jughead. "What do you three have to say for yourselves?" Weatherbee demanded, taking a seat.

"The fight had already started when we got there, sir," Toni answered.

"We were trying to break up the fight," I added, Jughead nodding in agreement.

Weatherbee sighed. "Mr Jones, Ms Sullivan, Ms Topaz, you're the leaders of your respective gangs."

"Actually, Mr Wea–" Jughead began before I cut him off.

"Not the time, Jones," I snapped, glaring at him.

"Today's brawl is only the most recent incident of gang activity here at Riverdale High," Weatherbee continued, not acknowledging Jughead and I. "Someone robbed the Chemistry lab last night."

I raised an eyebrow. We were back to this were we? Anything that goes wrong will be blamed on the gangs, proof or not.

"Someone robbed the lab?" Jughead asked.

"Thousands of dollars of equipment was taken," Weatherbee answered. "All of which could be used to cook drugs."

"The Serpents do cook, or steal," Jughead and I said at the same time.