Prison Break

Sunglasses on my face. Lipstick on my lips. And boobs pushed up. I walked into the main entrance of the prison. My lovely friend Rick escorted me up here. It's good to have friends in high places. I strutted up to the desk where, sure enough, my secret admirer was there working on something. I looked around and there was nobody around. I got to the front desk and waved my hand in front of his face. He had his ear phones in and was focusing on some papers. He looked up at me and I literally thought his eyes were going to pop out of his sockets.

"Hi. Hey! Hello." He said standing up.

"Hey there. Daniela." I said smiling up at him and sticking out my hand for him to shake.

"Adam." He replied shaking my hand.

"What can I do for you?" He asked organizing his papers and pushing them off to the side.

"A lot of things." I said winking causing him to laugh a little. "Where are the other guards?" I asked looking up at him.

"Well it's a small prison. I handle front desk and a majority of the surveillance watching while the others guard the prisoners. I do my surveillance watching on these computers when I'm out here and waiting for people to come in and out. And I go in there when the day is slow and I'm not expecting anyone." He said pointing to a door near where we were standing. "That is until I switch shifts after lunch. Then someone takes over for me and I go guard." He said quickly and looking down nervously.

"Interesting." I said slowly, noting that we had two hours to get in and out before he switched shifts. "Do you remember me?" I asked looking up at him batting my eyelashes.

"Of course I do." He said eagerly. "I mean, yea. I do." He said looking away from me. "So, are you here on business?" He added looking back up at me.

"You could say that. I still have some interrogation left to do with Reed, but I'm actually quite a bit early for my appointment." I said simply. The lies floated out of my mouth as easy as breathing or saying my name.

"Well being early is admirable." He said shrugging.

"Well I kind of came early for a selfish reason..." I said innocently.

"What?" He asked tilting his head a bit.

"Well, I saw you down there during that whole ordeal, and I just wanted to... get to know you." I said simply.

"Oh." He said shocked.

"Yea, and I'm really sorry about all of that. I feel really bad bout holding you guys hostage." I said looking at him apologetically.

"No, no. It's fine. I mean, it's not everyday you get held hostage by an attractive girl." He said chuckling. I laughed along with him.

"Thank you for understanding. It's just that everything that happened was so... traumatic. I've been through a lot this past couple years and it's like it all came rushing back." I said as some tear came rolling down my face.

"No, don't cry." He said coming from behind his desk to hug me. "It's ok. We all go through some tough times. You seem like such a strong, confident, amazing woman. You'll get through this. And I mean, you did what you had to do. So what you held like 10 people hostage at gunpoint. I'd do the same thing if I were in your situation." He said comforting me. He's actually comforting me and I'm playing him like a fiddle. I felt so bad.

"I still have some time, how bout you show me that surveillance room over there?" I said looking over at the room.

"I'm not supposed to do this, I can't have a pretty lady crying." He said smiling before leading me into the room. He closed the door behind us and started up the computer. "I can watch over and control the entire system from here." He said pointing and the screen and multitude of buttons and keys in front of him.