Long Live The King

Becoming Victoria Porter again was so easy. It actually made me feel more comfortable than being Daniela White. Being Victoria kinda felt like crawling into a freshly spread bed after taking a long hot shower after coming home from a long, hard mission. I felt relieved, comfortable, relaxed being Victoria rather than being Ela. Being Victoria was so much simpler. Victoria was a high-class socialite. Victoria was engaged to an amazing guy getting ready to have the wedding everyone dream one in a French castle. Victoria had the greatest brother in the entire world that was basically her best friend. Victoria's life was simple, easy and perfect.

Ela's life, on the other hand, was not so easy. Ela had to choose between two equally amazing guys, who she was completely too lucky to even have in her life in the first place. Ela had to struggle between going back to the job she loved or staying at the school she loved. Ela has to save the world from basically going into world war 3 because of said job, because of a corrupt leader. Ela's life was a constant mission. It was complicated, hard, and seriously fucked up. I was seriously fucked up.

With Jerry, aka Vincent, by my side we walked out our limo and towards the doors of the event. Paparazzi took our photos as we walked down the makeshift red carpet. I wore a gorgeous, black, Chanel evening gown. I had always admired Coco Chanel. She had always be somewhat of an inspiration to me. Whenever I wear her clothing I feel just a little bit more confident, and confidence is exactly what I need right now. I looked down at my engagement ring that sat proudly on my left hand ring finger. I hadn't put in on in a while due to a plethora of factors, but it felt right being on my finger. Whether it felt right or not I knew I had to wear it, because everyone knew Victoria was engaged and would be wondering while she wasn't wearing her ring, if I had left it at home. I walked in, arm looped through Jerry's, into the event. I was slightly in awe at the amount of people in stunning dresses and dapper suits that flooded the exquisite ballroom.

"We're inside." I heard Jerry say into his Mic. The rest of the crew was sitting outside in a van listening to the entire event unfold waiting for us to grab the King and get the hell out of there. I'm sure they wanted up to get out of there as soon as possible. There were ways that we could mute our mic if we wanted to have a private conversation or something. Jerry and I kind of had a look we would give each other and we'd be able to read each other's minds. Jerry was giving me one of those looks. I turned my mic on mute before turning to him.

"Is it weird that I feel more comfortable as Vincent then I do as myself?" He asked looking at me. "I can't explain it, I just..." he started before I cut him off.

"No, I completely understand what you're talking about. I was just thinking that." I said nodding my head. "I was just thinking about how Victoria's life is so easy. It's so comfortable. Victoria has everything figured out. She has everything going for her." I said seriously. "I don't." I added shrugging.

"I know what you mean. I just feel like Jerry's life is so much more complicated than necessary and Vincent's life is just so simple. He's well set off. He has a good future. He knows what he wants. He's perfect. He hasn't had to go through this emotional rollercoaster that was my life these past few years. I feel like being him I can just forget about everything. I can forget about the past. I can forget about everything that has caused me pain and I can just think about the future. His future. You know?" He asked looking down at me.

"Yea, I know what you mean." I said glancing back at my engagement ring. We turned back on our mics. "No sign of the king. They must have him off in some room until he's scheduled for his appearance." I said into my mic.

"Alright, keep looking out for him." Jade said slowly.

"Vince! Tori! My bitches, where the fuck have you been?" I heard Gio's voice walking towards us but I didn't see him. I turned to my left and saw his smiling face and I smiled in return getting a little excited on the inside about seeing an old friend.