Go Be Happy

(REALLY IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END. PLEASE READ)

My graduation cap was itchy on my head. Beads of sweat dripped down my face, falling onto my gown. My Navy blue and gold Cap and Gown was not helping a bit in the scorching heat. I tried very hard to listen to what Headmistress Morgan was saying, but I really couldn't. I was distracted by a couple of things

1. There was construction going on behind her. Yes, behind her. Where are we might you ask? Well on the front lawn of what used to be Gallagher Academy of course. Yup. We are holding our graduation on the front lawn of our demolished school. Well I can't exactly say demolished. In my fit of hysteria the night it all happened, I didn't even realize how truly damaged that place was. The entire left side of the school was blown to bits. That includes all the sublevels, all of the classrooms and the hospital. Along with the cafeteria, the library, the grand hall (including its lavish staircase) and Headmistress Morgan's office. The rest of the school was mostly intact. The right side of the school, including the dorms, only suffered from smoke damage. Luckily they had all the books from the library in storage. And they moved all the books and other important documents from sublevel 2 before Mr. Greyson arrived, just in case something like this were to happen. What can I say? Spies always think ahead. The good thing is that everything is going to be built to look exactly like how it was, except with more high tech equipment. It's like we're giving the school a slight upgrade. And since we have the original blueprints we can map out the same secret tunnels as there was before. My school is going to be great again. Probably better. Nothing will stop the progress of this construction, not even our graduation. So yes, there were forklifts and retired agent construction workers who were rebuilding the school as we speak. Though, I'm not entirely sure how they explained this to the town. There had to be a "if someone happens to blow up the school" speech they had all sorted out.

2. Mr. Greyson's body is nowhere to be found and Jesse is still out there somewhere. We searched the wreck and he's not there. We don't know if he happened to escape. Or in the mass hysteria that happened in the days following someone came in and took his body from the wreckage. It's kind of unsettling that he's just vanished. Like some part of my can feel him. Like he's not dead. He's just roaming the world, hiding. I feel like this was his grand exit. He gave me instructions on what to do. I was to get to Jesse. To save him from himself. Though I'm not entirely sure how I can save someone who doesn't want my help. He also told me that I need to convince Alex to take the position at leader now. That the only ways for The Circle to go back to it's good days, before the corruption, before the lies, before all of that... the only ways it can go back is in we have someone like Alex in charge. If we let him take charge the circle will be able to return to the way it was before everything went wrong. Maybe he'll be able to fix all of this. Maybe he will be able to right all the wrongs. Maybe. Yet... I'm worried about Jesse still. I'm worried about what he's doing. What he's planning on doing. I have to get to him. I know all the damage he's done. I know all the pain that he has caused. I know all of that, but I also know that underneath it all there is a good person. I know that he can be saved. I know that I have to save him, even if right now he really doesn't want me to.

3. My dad is back... This isn't a bad thing. This is actually a really good thing. I love that he's home. I love that he's here at my graduation. A year ago I didn't think he was even alive much less that he would be here. I'm happy that he's here, I really am, I'm just worried. I know he hasn't talked to my mom about what happened while he was gone yet. I know that they didn't give him the amnesia serum. I know he knows everything. He just hasn't told anyone yet, no one but me. I'm tired of keeping secret from everyone I'm tired of hiding things and having people hide things from me. I just want everyone to be honest with everyone. I know that won't happen. Dad hasn't even told me why he's back yet. He hasn't told me why he left, if he even left. He hasn't told me what happened. All I know is that he doesn't want me telling mom anything. He want to tell her. He wasn't to let her know. He owes her that. They are married. They aren't supposed to keep things from each other. Yet it's perfectly fine for them to keep things from me and vice versa. It's ridiculous. I'm dying to mom what's going on, and no matter how much I hate my sister right now she deserves to know too. I need to tell them, but dad won't let me. He won't even tell me and I'm the only one in this stupid family who has any clue of what going on right now. He should want to tell me why he left. He should want to share things with me since I'm that only one who would understand. And I only understand because I went looking for him. That should mean something. Apparently it doesn't. Or maybe I have to be patient.