Prisons, Shootings, and Mental Breakdowns

There was a loud knocking at my door. I didn’t bother opening my eyes. I already knew I would be greeted with darkness since it was still the middle of the night. I heard feet shuffling towards the door. I felt the brightness of the hallway peeking through the door. I heard some mumbling before I heard feet shuffling towards me.

“It’s for you.”  Jess said groggily shaking me slightly.

“No…” I groaned throwing the covers off my body. “This damn well better be important. I’m tired of getting woken up in the middle of the night!” I grumbled while rubbing my eyes, moving towards the door. I opened my eyes and saw Headmistress Morgan and a guy dressed in a nice suit standing next to her.

“Well, I would say it’s pretty important.” Headmistress Morgan said seriously. “Ela, this is Agent West. Agent West is a government agent. He’s working at PDX 56. Agent White this is Daniela.” She said introducing us. I shook his hand politely.

“Well, well. I’ve heard a lot of talk about you in the multiple government agencies around the world. You’re the talk of the town. Being hunted down by, working with, and escaping from the Circle and now working to bring them down all before you even graduated from high school. Not to mention trying to kidnap the son of the United States and attempting to stop his arrest. You’re quite the extraordinary young lady.” He said smiling at me.

“Thank you. Reed is innocent and I was doing what I thought was right, not to sound rude or anything but can we pause the fangirling and tell me what’s going on? I’m pretty sure this visit is going to lead to me going somewhere and doing something and I’d like to be home before dinner if that is at all possible. Please and thank you.” I said before flashing him a smile.

“I told you.” Headmistress Morgan said to Agent West.

“I understand you’re close with the Jacobs.” Agent West said looking at me.

“I’m close with reed, but I am most certainly not close with his father. Why?” I asked crossing my arms and leaning against the doorpost.

“Well, Robert Jacobs has requested to speak with you in his confinement at the prison.” He answered

“An inmates get their every requests met? I thought prison was a punishment. You don’t get what you want there because you’re evil and do things to hurt people. Isn’t that how it works?” I  asked sassily.

“Yes, that’s how it works. But we need information out of him and he said he’d talk, but only to you.” Agent West replied.

“That’s what you use torture methods. You force it out of him. Isn’t that your job to get information out of people? If your taking requests from a inmate and relying on a teenager to do your dirty work, your not doing your job really well.” I replied rolling my eyes.

“We’ve tried everything that we could.” He replied getting aggravated.

“Oh yes. You’ve tried everything  you could, in the one week that you’ve had him. What a valiant effort you’ve made! When I was with the circle I interrogated people for weeks, I’ve had a guy for a month! And you wonder why the circle always has the upper hand! You guys give up too easily! How are we supposed to trust the whole United States and all the citizens living here if you can’t even terminate it’s number one threat, their own President.” I snapped at him.

“Daniela!” Headmistress Morgan said in shock.

“No! I’m sick of all the government agencies. Either you guys are corrupt or can’t do your damn job. And for the select few of you who can actually do shit, you have to pick up the slack for all the other people not doing their jobs. I’m done. Get someone else to do your job for you. I’m done. I’m not doing it! I have better things to worry about like, I don’t know, not getting killed by people who are out for my blood. Ok? So good night. I’m going back to bed.” I said before turning around.