Rescue Attempt

As I paced back and forth by the window, I never thought that I’d actually be back here again. Well, I thought I’d be back here again, but I didn’t think it’d be this soon. And as in soon I mean within months. I looked out at the beautiful city and just thought to myself how crazy this is.

“This is crazy!” I mumbled to myself.

“This is absolutely crazy.” Jade agreed.

“Incredibly crazy!” Bri said shaking her head

“It’s a whole new level of crazy.” Dee added.

“Shut up you guys.” Jess snapped at us. “When Ela packed up and came here it was perfectly fine, but now I do it and it’s crazy.” She yelled.

“For one Jess, you guys did say I was crazy back then just like this so don’t even start on that bullshit with me. For two, I had to find out what happened to me over the summer and that was the only way for me to do it. Third, we had freaking adults with us. I had adults who were trained to be in high risk situations like this. Also, this is a very dangerous place for me to be right now seeing that the Circle still freaking wants me! With Reed’s dad on the inner rankings it’s like I’m practically walking right into their hands. But instead of freaking thanking me and the rest of us for coming here with you you’re fucking snapping at us. You need to calm that shit down right now.” I snapped back at her. 

“If you get taken by the circle you know Alex is just gonna get you out!” She retorted.

“I’m done. I’m getting on a plane and I’m going home. You wanna act like this you can do this without me. Bye.” I said before walking out the hotel room. I got to the elevator before Jade caught up to me.

“Don’t go. I’m not trying to get killed and you’re the only one who can get us in and out of this city alive. I know Jess is being a supreme bitch right now. Just get Reed and get out. After all, Reed is your friend too.” She said convincingly.

“Fine.” I mumbled before walking back with her to the room.  I walked in and Jess opened her mouth to say something. “Don’t speak.” I snapped at her. “If we’re going to do this we’re going to do this my way. You are going to listen to me and you’re not going to say anything.” I said to her. She nodded her head slowly. “Ok, so here’s the plan. We’re going to have to go to Reed’s school. Class is in session, but I know his schedule and when they switch classes. So, Jess, you’re going to come with me into the school during lunch time. I already have two of his school uniforms with me, you’re welcome. So, we’re going to sneak onto campus, go into the cafeteria and get him out. We’re going to come back outside and place him in the van. Now we’re going to have to change him completely. Different clothes and everything. Where are we going to get these different clothes from you ask? I already bought a change of clothes for him. I know his size. Once we change him we’re going to have to scan for any tracking devices. Once we remove the tracking devices we’re in the clear. And it’s all smooth sailing from there. We just have to get him to the airport where we already have our flight waiting for us and fake passports. Then we’re home. Done. This has to be smooth and efficient people. There’s no room for mistakes if we want to get Reed home.” I finished looking around at them.

“Ok.” They said in unison.

“Ok.” I repeated. Jess and I changed into the uniforms. We put on dark brownish black hair wigs. I put on green contacts while Jess put on hazel ones. Jess had her wig in a ponytail while mine was just in loose curls around my body. Jade drove the van. The van was one of the vans with the two front seats and then the empty back so we would have to sit on the floor, which wasn’t a problem.  She was used to driving in European countries. She drove us to the school, just as the lunch bell rang. Jess and I hopped out of the van and rushed inside the school. Kids were walking outside and inside so we blended in nicely. We got into the school and I followed the crowd of students to the cafeteria. I stopped one of the kids walking outside.