Code Black

Wee-ooo-wee-ooo

Wee-ooo-wee-ooo

Wee-ooo-wee-ooo

Wee-ooo-wee-ooo

Attention, Attention, Attention. We have entered a code black situation.

Code black.

Code black.

Code black.

Code black.

Red and white lights filled my hospital room.

I shot out of my in a panic. I looked frantically around to see Jerry quickly awaking from his sleep and throwing on a shirt.

"Come on Ela, we gotta get you outta here." He said taking out my needles and other wires that were attached to my body.

"I need clothes." I said looking up at him. He looked around for a little while before reaching around the couch to grab a backpack and threw it at me.

"It's the backpack you kept in the secret tunnel... just incase we needed to disappear in the middle of the night." He said looking at me. I smiled. I opened my bag and pulled out sweatpants and a t-shit. Jerry turned around while I changed.

"Alright let's go." I said throwing my backpack on my shoulder and looking at him.

"Are you okay to run?" He asked worried.

"I'm fine... I'll be fine." I said walking towards him.

"Ok, we need to go." He said opening the door and walking out. I followed behind him and we made our way through the doctor's office to the main hallway. Then we were hit with the madness Girls were carrying as much of their personal possessions as they could. I didn't see a teacher in all this commotion. I looked at Jerry before grabbing his hand and pushing our way upstream. We ran up the grand staircase to Headmistress Morgan's office. It was empty as we expected.

"Ela!" I heard someone yell. I turned to see Tyler running towards me.

"Ty!" I yelled back. He caught up to me out of breath. "What's going on?" I asked confused.

"My father. While they were moving him, he somehow escaped and now all the teacher are out looking for him. Now, I'm not sure if we should evacuate or..." Tyler was cut off by the sound of a new alarm. Now it's a code red. Now we're locked in. All the exits are closed.

"I guess we can't evacuate..." I said before the fire alarm started blaring.

"Okay seriously what the fuck is going on right now?" Jerry asked from behind me.

"We can't evacuate, but we need to." I said running my fingers through my hair. "The secret tunnels. We can get them out through the secret tunnels in the library." I said running into Headmistress Morgan's office. I grabbed the mic that sent announcements through the school and turned it on.

"Attention girls of Gallagher Academy. Please head out of the school through the library secret tunnel. I repeat the library secret tunnel. Gather outside of the front gate. Get as far away from this campus as you can now!" I said before turning and looking at the boys.

"We have to go." Tyler said looking at me.

"We have to find where the fire is coming from. We have to find the source." I said shaking my head.

"Ela, we need to get out before this school burns down with us in it." Tyler replied shaking his head.

"I'm not leaving until I know where this fire is coming from. Suddenly Alex came rushing into the room.