The Truth Hurts, Doesn't It?

It was getting late. 8 o'clock rolled around and we were supposed to be heading to the airport around 10 p.m.. I had been sleeping most of the day after talking to Jerry. In Jerry's room. I couldn't be around Tyler. I couldn't. I felt weird being around him when just hours ago I was craving Alex's touch. When just hours ago I was imagining Alex and I getting married. When just hours I was kissing his lips. I couldn't be around Tyler when the only thing on my mind was Alex.

I shook the troubling thought out of my head and went outside. As I passed by a room I heard crying. I cracked it open and looked in. Jade was crying into Jake's chest as he was trying to comfort her. He noticed me and I gave him a puzzling look.

"Hey Jade. I'll be right back. Gotta use the bathroom. Ok? Give me 2 minutes." He said while she nodded and cuddled in a pillow. He slipped out of the room and I led him down the hall a little bit.

"What happened?" I asked worried.

"She broke things off with Mason." He said simply and I understood everything.

"Wait how do you know about Mason?" I asked confused.

"Well she rushed out the house earlier talking about this kid Mason and I couldn't understand what she was really saying but she kept muttering that she had to go see Mason. Then she left and she came back a puddle of tears in need of someone to comfort her." He said shrugging.

"Why didn't she come to me?" I asked quietly.

"You, along with almost everyone else in this house, was sleeping. I mean, almost getting blown up and going through a stake out is pretty exhausting. So when I saw her and asked her what was wrong, she kinda just broke down. I've been trying to comfort her ever since, but I don't know the whole story between her and Mason so I didn't know what to say. So I've just been letting her cry and imputing the standard 'it's going to be ok' every once in a while." He explained.

"It's ok. I got it from here. Thank you for being there for her Jake. And for me." I said looking up at him and placing a hand on his arm.

"Anytime. What are friends for?" He said before I walked into the room.

"Hey there girly." I said happily. Jade looked up at me and gave me a sad smile. I crawled onto bed next to her. "I heard you broke things off with Mason." I said wiping away some of her tears.

"Yea." She replied nodding and sitting up.

"How come, buttercup?" I asked pouting.

"Because of this." She said waving her arms wildly around her. "This. This world I live in. This world that I'm apart of. I can't bring him into this. I can't make him apart of this. I had to end things before he ended up getting hurt. It's different if you date a spy. A spy is already part of this world. You can tell them 'I'm going on a mission' and they will understand. They will be hoping for the best and expecting for the worse. They already know what it's like. Dating a normal guy I'm going to have to continue lying to him. Time after time after time. Our entire relationship will be built on a lie! I can't do that. I can't do that to myself and I can't do that to him. I just can't. I really wanted us to work. But I realized that it wouldn't that I was always going to be a spy and I needed to be with someone who is like me. I don't want to bring any more innocent people into the world that we live in. Not another soul is going to be changed by this industry if I have anything to say about it. I mean, look at last night Ela. You almost go clown to bit. Look at these last couple years. We've been on several deadly missions. We've had to rescue someone from prison. It's crazy. Too crazy to bring an outsider in. No matter how much I love Mason and no matter how much I want to be with him I can't. I can't do that to him and I can't do that to myself. I can't." She babbled on before stopping. She was completely right. I knew nothing I could say would change her mind. I knew that she was firm in the stance that she took and I can't blame her. She's right. An outsider wouldn't be able to fit into our world. An outsider would cause a lot more problems. And your entire relationship would be built off of a lie because there's no way you can tell someone, hey I'm a spy. And even if you could they wouldn't completely understand what you go through during missions. They wouldn't really understand just how much danger you were putting yourself in when you stepped foot on that "battle field" so I understood completely what she was saying. I just wanted her to be happy.