01

✿𝔖𝔥𝔢'𝔰 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔣𝔞𝔯 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶 ✿⁠ 

          ☆𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓵𝓪 𝓐𝓭𝓮𝓷𝓲𝔂𝓲

I'm a good friend, I really am.

Naomi yanks the thousand naira notes from the shirtless man eyeing and hissing at him before turning away. As usual she folds it into her bra chewing her gum noisily, she's so dramatic.

Not acknowledging my presence she joins me on my path.

Wow!

I look at her from beside me with judgemental eyes, she throws her afro wig off her head pressing it into the small handbag she hung on her shoulder.

Young lady at least pretend you saw the person who came to look for you.

We turn towards the next street, I cling unto my purse knowing how crazy the boys on here are. They will snatch my purse within the twinkle of an eye and i have no running skills at all. Big problem for me.

I balance the tray under my arm somewhat happy that I sold everything today but not sure if I calculated my profit right. I look up as if trying to use the clouds as calculator then back to Naomi who seems lost in her phone.

Her trashy Tecno button phone'

Which one do I have? Dear God. I thought of asking her for the phone to do my calculations but seeing that she's not in such a good mood I shake the thought away from my busy head.

She snaps her head towards me almost making me jump out of my shoes.

"What!?" She frown. Okay! Rude!.

"Nothing" I reply not so convincingly, after like two minutes of silence I open my blabbing hole "I thought you said no more clients?" She eyes me from head to toe drawing out the most tooth clicking hiss I've ever heard.

"I don't blame you" She increases her speed so she's way ahead of me.

Ah! What did Dara do again?

"Naomi? Really?"  She doesn't turn around, she and her short temper.

Just like her height.

The way she eyed me made me look at myself. Yes I'm the 'other girl'. I hawk whatever the hell my capital can afford, sometimes fruits sometimes sachet water, sometimes bread and any other tray fitting thing you can think off.

I'm always in my church girl skirt, big polo and left over slippers. I call it leftover because it's either from Naomi or someone pitied my stupid head and decided to give me some shoes.

People always think ' doesn't she earn from her business' Yeah she does. If only they know.

Naomi? She is always dressed up in fancy outfits from the thrift market, she smells nice, has the best company that sometimes I feel like I'm the spare friend, but I'm not we're besties. Well at least that's what I think.

I'm the spare friend actually.

I will be living 'lavishly' like her if only I joined her line of business. Naomi is a proud loud sex worker, she sleeps with different men for money and manages like twenty boyfriends who all spoil her rotten. Please don't call that thing a business it's just a money making lifestyle.

A business'

It's hard to tell why I choose to be friends with her of all the girls in town. Well her lifestyle does not define her, the only disadvantage is that men think I do the thing she does so they always want to stick their dirty self inside my skirt.