05

✿⁠ 𝕾𝖍𝖊'𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖘𝖆𝖙𝖆𝖓✿⁠ 

My heart still beating like crazy I place the card on the door sending unlocking noises and a beep. The sitting room isn't so much work so I'd just start from the bedroom today.

I start walking towards the door when it swings open, with someone walking out of it eyes fixed on her phone. Miss freaking Jasmine.

It is as if I'm invisible, she walks pass me headed for the sofa in the sitting room.

"Good morning" I called from behind her but she doesn't turn nor respond. Why is she still here anyways? She's even in her pyjamas, I'm assuming she should be at work by now.

The instruction says not to talk to anyone I see here if I ever come across a person but I seriously have to apologise for being a disrespectful fool.

I follow behind her as she relaxes on the seat still ignoring my presence. I check her ears to make sure she doesn't have any earphones in so she's hearing me perfectly. I sigh clearing my throat.

"Umm.. Good morning.." I said awkwardly. Should I go back to work? Should I forget about apologizing? She doesn't look like she's mad at me.

She does.

But by now I should know that's her resting face. Miss jasmine is beginning to get on my nerves honestly I'm going to flip.

"I just wanted to apologise for the other day and the other day uhh I mean for everything. I.. are you list.." I pause seeing how good she is at ignoring people. One will think I'm a ghost or she really doesn't see me standing in front of her.

"Miss Jasmine? I said I'm sorry?" I frown, my chest tightens when I get ignored. Naomi does that a lot but atleast she sends nasty glares my way to make me shut up. This weird boring ass is just eyes fixed on her phone tapping on God knows what.

I turn to walk away but decided to say one last thing. I swear I wanted it be short and brief whatever I bluffed next isn't my fault.

"Maybe if you replied me I'd know if I'm forgiven or not. I didn't expect you to be more boring than you already are" I slap my mouth as my eyes widden. She snaps her head towards me, a cold stare burning me down.

"I didn't mean that I swear" I tried to explain but she gets up instead walking towards me so we are only few inches apart.

"Miss Dara, do you like your job?" I notice how slowly she speaks, maturely too and her voice is ice cold, very intimidating, rich and slightly deep mixed with a small sense of superiority steaming from her presence. I swallow, nodding my head my hands still covering my mouth.

She knows my name!

"Sorry" I run into the room with the supplies to start work. Honestly I should have just done what the papper says instead of being a total idiot. I'm sure if she forgave me before she wouldn't now.

God please I don't want to sleep on the streets.

Immediately after, I hurry out of the room not seeing her again. I heard a few noises inside the art room so she's probably in there.

Speedily I clean up the sitting room glancing towards the art room door a few times to check if she is leaving or had left by any chance so I can hide my face somewhere.

My stomach grumbles a few times, I didn't eat breakfast duh! I hate the atmosphere in the dinning hall, everyone seems to have one problem or the other with talking or smiling.

I round up my morning routine leaving quietly. If people get punished for talking rubbish I'll be dead by now.

I'm going to forget everything and focus on better things.