11

✿⁠ ℌ𝔢𝔯 𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔦𝔠𝔢𝔰✿⁠ 

                     𝓙𝓪𝓼𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓢𝓪𝓲𝓷𝓽. 𝓞

Fuck this entire building, I want to go back home. Mr Saint sent some people I barely even know to come to the office talking about some business proposal that'll probably only benefit him.

I cross my legs under the table shaking it anxiously. Why the hell did I not apologise? It's not that hard to just say I'm s...

The words are always stuck in my throat.

I chew on my nails looking at the man speaking in front of me, I only heard his name when he first started speaking. Since then I've only been nodding in response to whatever shit he cooked up.

I sprung up, sending a surprised look to their faces.

I can't do this anymore.

"Thank you, Don will handle everything" I said almost rudely. I snatch my car keys from the desk leaving this men in my office.

Saying that I'm scared to get hurt or that I'm confused and how I feel does not justify my actions towards her. I hurt her so badly, apologies are needed.

If I get home now she's probably going to still be working. I'd spent so much time ignoring her that it's eating my chest out.

I like her.

I'm sure about it now, at first I thought it was all in my head until I kissed her. I wasn't particularly drunk on that day, I just acted on my impulsive thoughts. I had this pretty dream that she was my wife and so I went with it.

If I get her to forgive me maybe we can start over again, but this time as friends. Not that I don't want anything more, I want everything to go over the next level but I have to take things slow so I don't scare her away.

Nothing will hurt me more than slowing down and having her taken away by another person. What if she rejects me? What if she's not interested in this type of relationship?

The speed it took to get home in fifteen minutes could have killed me but deep down I don't care.
My phone starts ringing in my pocket so I let out a quiet grumble.

Annabelle's name pops up on my screen, as usual my heart softens. I answer the phone placing it on my ear a little bit uncomfortable with the long silence.

"Jay jay!!" Her tinny voice screams in excitement, I slow down on the stairs sighing in relief. Maybe I should get a week of rest to calm myself down.

"Hi Anna" I responded. She starts by telling me about her new friend in school who just joined her class then she mentioned Dara.

This time I am standing in front of my door as it responds to the access card I placed on it.

"Umm, what did she say?" I asked walking in. Dara's small frame is standing at the far end of the sitting room mopping, I can tell she purposely turned away from me and is pretending not to notice my presence.

"She called you a bad girl" the way she said it forced me to hold back a laugh. She must have vented to Anna about the whole thing.

"She said you're mean but I said you're not mean so I promised to tell you to apologise for hurting her, she said not to call you" I sigh looking at the girl in front of me.

"Dear, can I call you back later? I have work okay?"

"Okay" she responded sadly. I'm sorry Anna, your sister has a big fear to face right now.