09

✿⁠ ℌ𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥✿⁠ 

I place the phone in front of Jake gently, looking into his eyes with a wide smile. Hopefully that hypnotizes him to take back the phone without protesting.

"Why are you keeping that here?" He asked. I look around me to find the perfect spot to sit and eat away from him.

"I don't need it anymore" I tried to be as positive as possible.

"Dara pick it ba.."

"Jake please, no" I said simply.

I go to seat at a far end mostly away from other people, lately staying amongst crowd of atleast four makes my head hurt.

So unlike me.

I really don't need the phone anymore, I feel like it is part of what is causing my mini breakdowns. There's this random urges to call Jasmine or send her text massages.

Since I'm not a type to resist silly temptations like that it is better to give the phone back. Also things got really awkward between me and Jake since he asked me those back breaking questions.

I think he likes me.

Nothing can be done about his feelings though, he'll loose his job. It's also way too early to decide what we feel about eachother.

The past weeks has been really stressful for me, if not for Anna and Mr's Ife I don't know what I'd have  done with myself. Kendrick has been avoiding me ever since that day in the back kitchen, I really don't blame him but I think Jake has something to do with it.

I have been avoiding Jasmine too, it'll be Very embarrassing to face her again after what I did the last time. I wonder what she thinks of me.

After lunch I return back to my room feeling a little better. My mind is so full with thoughts from directions I'd never expected.

I think I'm the L word.

I have been ignoring the thoughts so much that it piled up all on my chest causing me heavy heartedness. I'd cry, snack, play games, lay around talking to myself as usual or just zoning out.

It went from me thinking too much about Jasmine to thinking too much about why I'm thinking about Jasmine.

It's her fault.

She's too beautiful, maybe that's what's making me think too hard about her. Or maybe I'm more drawn to her because she rarely talks to me and I want her to.

It's her fault for being so perfect.

I toss my shoe to the sides falling stomach flat on the bed. The feeling starts to get too comfortable and all I want to do right now is sleep the longest I can till it's time to clean the play room.

I jolted up to the sound of my room telephone ringing. It's strange, this is the first time I've ever heard it ring since I've been here, I tried using it a few times but I didn't know how so I gave up.

"Hello?" I said the moment I put it to my ear. There was a small silence before the caller finally spoke.

"Where were you?"

Shit!!

It's Jasmine!. I don't know why I placed it down immediately, my heartbeat is going bazar and my breathing increases.

The telephone starts ringing again this time I made up my mind to be the grown woman that I'm not and answer the damn phone.

"Hello" I said half whispering.