08

✿𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗✿

"I thought I wouldn't see you" The woman says. It's high time I ask her what her name is even though I already know from gossiping around with Jake but I don't want everyone to know I'm a loud mouth.

"You have no idea how hard it is for me to carry a loose natural afro everyday" I complain bitterly.
"What's your name miss?" I asked her.

"Mr's" she corrected "I'm mr's Ife" she smiles leading the way to her room.

"Dara" i said.

"I know silly" She laughs. Of course she does, I'm such a big talker.

I miss Anna.

She opens the door to her room revealing a very warm site, a motherly kind of room with flowers laying around everywhere. A beautifully carved centre table with matching bedding too, smells like a warm fresh bath.

"Let's swap rooms" I blurt, she turns around rolling her eyes.

"Let me guess, you have a messy room?"

"Not quite messy just a few clothes laying around" I confess.

"Sit on the chair let me get what I need" I offered to sit on the floor but she insisted on standing saying she's used to it. Her touch is gentle, it reminds me of my mother and how she used to be so careful with me because of my sensitive scalp.

Something else still seems to bother me, maybe the fact that I think Jake likes me, his question earlier or why Jasmine gave me her number.

"Cat got your tongue?" Mr's Ife asks taking the second plait between her fingers.

I sigh knowing I really have to talk to someone about this, just not Jake or Kendrick or Anna, she's still a child she won't understand.

"Are you attracted to men?" I repeat Jake's question to her, she pauses for a second before continuing.

"Yes I am, why?"

"I don't know, someone asked me that question earlier, somehow I find it kind of hard to answer" I play with a key holder in my hands trying not to think too much about it.

"Well are you?" She asks. There was a small pause before a sigh.

"Who else should I be attracted to?" She brings her head forward to look into my eyes while talking.

"You're acting like there is only one gender out here. Something must have lead to that question" she continues braiding "Having troubles figuring yourself out?" I hum in response.

I know of two genders, I belong to one so why will I be picking a partner from the same group. If I'm not attracted to men maybe I haven't found my match yet, not that I'm not attracted to men in general.

"There's nothing wrong with falling in love Dara" she says that in a very calm tone.

"I know that but..."

"But nothing, you don't have to do what every other person is doing because it sounds normal. If it feels normal then it is okay, love has nothing to do with gender. It's not about finding men attractive or not, you can fall in love with one tomorrow it doesn't matter just be yourself and don't worry about what anyone has told say. Also be careful it's against the rules" That was a long one but I really did get something. I did think about what people will say if ever date a woman.

Why is she defending such questionable behaviour?, something that will have my head cut off if I try it in the Slums I came from.

"I'll try not to think about it anymore"I told her. I wanted to ask if she is attracted to women too but she already said she's attracted to men but maybe one can be attracted to both?