02

✿𝕳𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖔𝖚𝖙✿

I jerk up spilling the water I was holding on myself. Naomi pulls me out and to the back of the bus where she claims her bag, I held mine throughout the journey since I picked up only a few things.

We stopped at different bus stops and gas stations on our way so we had enough time to eat. I fell asleep just as Naomi said we were close to our destination.

After throwing her bag on her shoulder she tells me to hold her tight and not let go by any chance. I figured we are going to be passing through the massive crowd from behind us, by the looks of it it'll take atleast eight minutes to get to the end of the crowd.

I clutch her wrist taking in a deep breath as I follow strictly behind her. We struggle to pass through the large group of people who are either buying and selling or struggling like we are.

I don't know if it was the too much eyes on me, my clumsy ass or Naomi's but I couldn't feel her hands anymore. I horridly squeeze through a thin gap between five people caughting the first hand I saw. I apologised.

What the fuck?

It wasn't her, it wasn't Naomi. I tried not to freak out telling myself that I'll meet her at the very end but as soon as I felt the suffocation turn into a free flow of air I look around like a lost dog. No sign of Naomi anywhere.

I remembered all the things she told me about Lagos, funny enough I don't even know the name of the place I am. Apparently we are sopposed to caught another bus before we get to our destination.

Naomi warned me against asking people for help or directions, talking to strangers, looking stranded. She told me to always act like I know where I am even though I don't but right now all I want to do is scream.

Literally make everyone think I'm the next street mad woman.

I walk around for a while bumping into a few people, I didn't even look back to apologise. My eyes starts to water.

I'll cry.

I shake my head. All I want to see is her small frame standing in a distance calling out my name.
Or her turning me around and scolding me like she usually does.

I don't even have a phone, no money, no food,

Most especially no food!

I don't know anyone. I don't even know my whereabout, all I know is I'm soppose to be heading to Ikorodu where her boyfriend is but I don't have money on me? Even if I do what am my chances of finding her there?.

I slid my hands into my worn out bag fishing out the only money on me. The five hundred naira note I had all along, that's barely going to do anything.

I'll definitely die.

In front of a dry cleaning factory on an almost empty road I look up. God has been keeping me alive for a day like this? What am I soppose to do? Where am I soppose to go? I don't have anyone except Naomi who I just lost out of my own stupidity.

I really hope she's somewhere looking for me, I hope she hasn't given up and left without me.

The sun is about to set and the only place I feel like I can spend the night doesn't look so safe anymore. The street is growing silent, shops closing down cars leaving the area.

"God please," I whisper under my breath as my legs begin to hurt. I've been walking for what feels like three hours just taking turns into unknown places. I appear at a bigger road almost jammed with traffic.