16

✿𝔖𝔥𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢 𝔱𝔬𝔬✿⁠ 

Following the workout instructors orders on the TV I wiggle my waist in circles. Since this is one of the only things I can do after Jasmine warned me twice on text and on a note she left on the bedside drawer not to leave her suite by any chance.

I don't know why I have to remain in here till she comes back from work. She acts like If I step out I'm going to get swallowed by the wind.

After my morning bath I met food on the sitting room table, I didn't eat it. I just want to go outside and talk to humans since my roommate is a programmed robot.

I turn off the TV after three minutes of doing the opposite of what the instructor did. I pick up my phone but nothing interesting seems to be going on inside this box of nothingness.

I wonder how people stay glued to their phones like their life depends on it. I barely know what to do with mine.

I'm wearing Jasmine's black sweatpants and my light pink shirt since she doesn't like that I still wear work clothes. My stomach plays the song of emptiness.

I'm hungry and it's almost afternoon.

I escape hoping to meet Kendrick in the kitchen, it's not a good idea to go see him after the complicated situation he explained last time but it's between us not between my stomach and the food.

Jasmine made scrambled eggs and chips with milk tea, so thoughtful of her but I want to inject my stomach with sugar this morning.

Kendrick looks surprised to see me, especially when I'm not wearing work clothes too. I only smile politely before gentlemanly asking for desert.

"One red velvet cake and sweetened yoghurt special coming up for the pretty lady" I smile as he serves me the yummy looking desert topped up with some granola bars.

"Red wine" he pours me a glass. He sits in front of me like he usually does to watch me eat.

"You know this is breakfast?" I ask him searching with my spoon the perfect angle to cut the piece of cake from.

"Even if you wake up in the middle of the night asking for Amala I won't complain" I chuckle.

"Tell me you'll serve me a bowl of alien meat if I ask" I shake my head.

"Let the alien community haunt me for killing their brother. It's all worth it" I laugh a little loudly.

The dish washer got nothing on me. I devoured the whole thing like I'm in a championship. Kendrick couldn't help but thank me with a bow like he normally does.

"Want some more?" He asks.

I requested for the same serving in a takeaway pack. Jasmine will love this one no doubt. He goes back with the empty plate and glass returning with a neatly packaged desert.

"I wanted to ask earlier, um.. Why aren't you on work uniform?" I couldn't think of the right answer to give except that I took a day off work because I didn't feel well.

"You're allowed to do that?" He asked with squinted eyebrows.

"Yeah!?"

"Oh, you know usually they'll send you to the workers clinic but maybe it's because a new head has not been employed yet" I nod my head with a fake smile.
"What if I drop by your room later?"

"No!" The fast response scared me too. I had to think of a way to sound less suspicious "I uhh.. have to work this evening" he nods his head mouthing 'oh'.