Just One Promise!

"He said that he can't make a promise which he might not be able to keep." Arjuna sighed, bracing himself for his sister's inevitable reaction. He knew that she wasn't going to take the news well.

Agni looked mad, very mad. "It's not such a hard thing to promise, just leave the game when he has to!" she spat out, "Do you see how wrong this could go, bhrata?"

"I do, Agni, but, I'm sure that he won't stake anything that bad." he tried to reassure her, but Agni barely minded his words, shaking his head, he continued, "We're getting late, behen. Everyone is waiting for us."

"Is bhabi coming?" she asked, and Arjuna nodded. "Can she, uh, not come..?" Arjuna's looked shocked.

"What did Draupadi do?" he asked, "Besides, she already got in."

Krishna! You little rat!

She thought, and was a little annoyed, surprised, and sad when she didn't get Krishna's usual snarky response.

"Let get going. We're going to be late, and then we would have to deal with jyesht's lectures." Agni chuckled lightly, following Arjuna outside.

***

"Aah! Samrat, welcome, welcome!" Shakuni greeted, bowing down to the Pandavas. "We've eagerly awaited your arrival!" The Pandavas walked into the Dyut Sabha, the younger siblings eyes everything cautiously, looking for any kind of traps that might be there. Shakuni gestured to the seats meant for the Pandavas, and just as Agni began to sit down, he stopped her. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Rajkumari Aaghnya, but no women are allowed here."

Agni stared at him, her eyes filled with nothing but rage, but Shakuni ignored it with his signature sly smile. She looked at Yudhisthira pleadingly, but he too gestured her to leave. Aaghnya wanted to talk to her jyeshta before she left, but didn't know what to say. Sighing, she left the sabha, where the guards escorted her to where the other women were.

Duryodhana looked at everyone with a grin, "Well then, shall we start the game?" he asked and Yudhisthira nodded. "My mamashree will be playing on my behalf."

"What?"

***

"What?" Kunti cried happily, "Oh, we still didn't get that letter! I'm so glad."

She was really excited to be back with her mother, elder mother, and cousin sister, but she needed to focus right now. Draupadi could tell them everything for now. Placing her head on her knees, Agni tried to block out the sounds of the other women to try and figure out what to tell her brothers. She had already told everyone that she was tired, and it would be really nice if she could rest. Her family, thankfully, had taken the news well, and decided to not disturb her.

"Kanna! That's the answer!" she said abruptly, a huge smile visible on her face. She had figured it out. Her smile slowly vanished when she saw everyone else staring at her. "Sorry, a uh dream.. I'll be right back, I need to use the restroom."

"Putri, the restroom is the other way!-" (Gandhari.)

Duryodhana is going to use Shakuni mama as the person who's going to play, jyesht can use Krishna! I'm he'll come.. right Kanna?

Of course!

Look who's back. Where were you vanish to? Anyway, I must hurry before he starts betting on our brothers, otherwise he'll wish you don't go there to witness his wrong-doings.

"Rajkumari, you can't go in there." the guard intervened, blocking her path.

"Right." she paused, eyeing them, "What if~, I make you both ice cream!" They looked at her, eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Rajkumari?"

"Trust me, it's delicious" she insisted, but the guards smiled politely, shaking their heads. "Wait, I can't go in there! Oh! I promise I won't enter, okay? Just move aside, please." The guards stood firm. Growing impatient and pressed for time, she locked eyes with them. "MOVE." They bowed and stepped aside. Staying true to her word, she didn't enter. Standing at the edge of the room, she called out, "Jyesht, use KR-"

"Guards, remove her from here," Duryodhana interrupted, shaking his head. The guards once again urged her to leave.

"ASK KANNA TO PLA- BEHALF-"

"I SAID TAKE HER AWAY!" he yelled, another pair of guards promptly escorted her out, leaving the Pandavas concerned about what she had intended to reveal.

Sahadeva thought for sometime, before whispering to Yudhisthira, "I think I know what she meant to say."