Subhadra's marriage.

I completely forgot about Subhadra! Ah! Sorry! So travelling back in time from the Dyudh sabha to this.

Also, I find it very weird that Arjuna had to enter the chamber. Even if he was in a hurry, he could have simply knocked, and asked either his brother, or Panchali to get him his bow. Another one is why they placed all the weapons inside Draupadi's room when they had made such an agreement. I believe that this was misinterpreted from the Mahabharata, but who knows.

Also, this is inspired by the scene from the 2013 Mahabharata because I was trying to watch both the versions to get some reference to write, and the 2013 one was so cute- (Also because I couldn't find the BR Chopra one. It's been a few years since I saw it, I can't even remember if they have the scene. If anybody has it, please send me the linkkk)

Just letting you know, this is going to be rushed, as we all want to do back to the Dyud Sabha.

***

"Is the 12 year exile really necessary?" Agni had always asked them, and now, Arjuna realised why.

Sahadeva had just informed him that 1 lakh cows have been stolen.

Perfect timing. he sighed, they were going to do the Nagara Puja, and it cannot be done without one lakh cows. Even if they weren't going to do the Puja, stealing one lakh cows was still a grave concern.

"Bhrata Arjun, how are we going to do the puja without one lakh cows?" Sahadeva asked, hurrying to keep up to Arjuna's pace.

Arjuna sighed, "I will go after them. You and Nakul, tend to those who have been affected by the venom. Ask bhrata Bheem to guard the gates; Takshak must definitely be awaiting my departure to launch an attack."

"But bhaiya, your bow is in Panchali's chamber!" Sahadeva cried, anxiety evident in his voice, "If anyone other than jyesht goes into the room.."

Arjuna sighed, pausing for a moment, ""I know." he says, before continuing to walk towards their chamber.

"What about the Rajasuya yagna," Sahadeva asked, attempting to stall his brother. "We can't take it without you!" Arjuna turned around, smiling softly. He realised what his brother was doing.

"And without the cows,  the Nagara Puja cannot be performed either." he replied, then turned around and walked faster. Sahadeva ran in front of him.

"Bhratashree, uh, think about the future! W-without you for 12 years, what about the safety of the kingdom?"

"My duties for the kingdom now should be done thinking about the present, not the future." he replied, as Sahadeva sighed. Arjuna smiled at his younger brother, "Don't worry about me, Dev."

"T-think about jyesht! Imagine how he'll feel when he gets to know how much you sacrificed for him! No- please, bhratashree, allow me to go! I-I'll go after the cows!" he cried, turning around and almost running away from Arjuna.

"Sahadev!" he yelled softly, grabbing his brother's hand to stop him, "Listen, Takshak has illutional weapons, and I have weapons to counter them. Besides, I'm older, I'm not going to sent my younger brother to a 12 year exile." he said, cupping his face, and wiping his anuj's tears with his thumb. "And, what makes you think jyesht won't be sad if you go?"

***

Draupadi and Yudhisthira were inside their chamber, enjoying a game of dice.

"Six!" Draupadi exclaims excitedly, and Yudhisthira chuckles at his wife's innocence. Before he could say anything, from the side of his eye, he sees his anuj hastily walk into the chamber, take his bow, then hurry off. Draupadi and Yudhisthira exchange worried glances before going after Arjuna. By the time he catches up with him, his brother was on a riding away on horse.
Hearing the neigh of the horse, Agni, Bhima, and Nakula had also arrived at the gates of their kingdom.

"Sahadev, what happened? Why d-did he come into Panchali's chambers?" Yudhisthira asked, his disappointment evident.

"What?" Agni gasps, and Nakula glances at her sadly.

"Takshak has stolen one lakh cows, bhrata Arjun told us to tend to those who have been affected, and he asked if bhrata Bheem could guard the gates, as he might be planning an attack." The siblings nodded, trying to think of the safety of their kingdom, and not the about exile that was going to happen to their brother. Yudhisthira offered to go with Bhima as Nakula and Sahadeva went into their medical room to get supplies. Agni and Draupadi stood there, still processing what had just happened.

***

A hurd of cows returned, and behind them all, was Arjuna. When he came back, he was greeted by his siblings. He gets off his horse, and walks forward slowly. Yudhisthira steps in front of everyone, blinking away his tears. 

"You- I am so proud of you, anuj.." he managed, his voice choked with emotion. Arjuna could only smile. He removes his jewelry, and takes his jyeshta's blessings. Yudhisthira hugs his brother, not wanting to let go, but eventually does. He walks over to Bhima and takes his blessings. He's then pulled into a hug which threatened to crush all his bones. 

Sahadeva rushed forward, wrapping Arjuna in a tight embrace. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.." he mumbles, not letting go. Arjuna sighs, gently patting his brother's face.

"It's not your fault, Sahadev. Stop." he says, slightly stern, then Sahadeva takes his blessing. So does Nakula and Aaghnya. They both don't say anything, before realising that this is the last time in 12 years they're going to see their brother. "Are you guys mad..?" he quietly asks, then the two run up and hug him.

"I'm sorry! I-I, is it really necessary? Can we all come?" she asks, and Arjuna doesn't reply. They got their answer. No.

"I love you, bhaiya." Nakula murmurs, and Arjuna just hugs them tighter, not knowing what to say.

"I'll miss you two."

***

Basically what happens: He leaves, falls in love with Subhadra, tells Krishna, kidnaps Subhadra, elope, dau finds them, they get married, dau throws Krishna and Arjuna of the balcony and smiles proudly.

Then comes back, everyone is happy, Draupadi is sad, Subhadra and Draupadi realise they love each other, they become besties, Arjuna is left behind.

Extra Scene:

"Subhu! You're married!" Agni cried happily, hugging her cousin, "I never thought this day would come. Proud mother." she says dramatically, flicking away fake tears.

"Isn't she your bhabi now?" Arjuna asks,

"SUBHU BHABHI?!"

"AGNI PUTRI?!"

"EW!" they both exclaim simultaneously, "Didi! Do NOT call me bhabi, ever, I'm too young!"

"Don't worry, you're too dumb to be my bhabi."

"AGNI PUTRI!"

***