Chapter 17

Time skip to about 3 weeks

AMELIAS POV:

It was the last day of school for Harper. Harper came walking in just arrived home from school, she was heading up the her bedroom. I remembered about her report card and stopped her.

"Harper, where are you going?" I asked. "To my bedroom" She said walking off a little bit. "Aaah aaah report card first!" I said crossing my arms, she let out a sigh.

"Where is it? I would like to see it." I said waiting for the report card. "Erm I don't have it" She said clearly lying. "Harper I know you do, you get given them end of semester" I said as I was grabbing the orange juice from the refrigerator.

"I must of not been given it" She said. I left out a sigh unable to deal with her right not, my phone rang.
————
"Hello is this Harper Shepherd's Mom?"
"Yes it is" I said
"I'm principal meadows, I am calling on behalf of your daughter, I would like a meeting with you and Harper in an hour or so it's very urgent"
"Oh yes I'll be there!" I said confused on what has been going on a needed an answer, but knew I would not be getting it from Harper.

The phone call ended and I marched my way up into Harper's bedroom. "MOM! What the fuck!" She said cursing at me. "Language! And why did I get a call from your principal telling us to come down to the school right away?" I scolded.

"Erm.. I don't know?" Harper said shrugging her shoulders. "Well come on in the car!" I said grabbing her hand and taking her down stairs. I grabbed my car keys and my purse.

HARPERS POV:

Shit! Shit! Shit! I really hope this meeting isn't about me skipping school, my grades and my behaviour. Well I'd just have to find out, just great, just great.

We pulled up to the school and got out the car. My stomach swirling with anxiety, I felt sick to my stomach. Time for my telling off, I was for sure going to get scolded my Mom and the principal.

We was called into the principal offices. "Shepherds take a seat please" The principal said. We sat down, my Mom staring at me. I played with my hair anxiously, fearing for what the principal was about to say.

"Thankyou for coming in, well Mrs Shepherd. I admire your daughter's creativity and humour, but her attitude to school and education is quite frankly appalling. We have noticed an influx in skipping school, we have noticed Harper has not been attending lessons nor school. The days when she is in, she is disruptive in lessons and often not doing her work, walking out of class. We are only telling you this as we wanted Harper to settle, we understand her situation yet this behaviour is unacceptable here at Seattle Youth High School" Said the Principal. My Mom gave me a disappointing look.

"Her report card, she said she didn't get one" Mom said. Shit! I did get a report card and now she was going to know I was lying. "In fact she was given a report card, I do have a copy of it including multiple written reports from her teachers" He said placing a rather large folder on the table. He pulled out a few sheets, including my grades and written reports from teachers.

Mom looked at the grades, then glanced back at me and sighed. I know it looked bad, but what's a few F's and D's going to do? Surely it's no harm, I get it looks bad. But seriously I don't even understand school.

The principal began to read out the reports. "Well Harper exceeds well in classes such as Creative arts and media, yet her more educational subjects such as math, biology, physics and chemistry. Her attention and behaviour is unacceptable, constant defiance to her teachers, refusal to do the work, often found not listening, I understand her selective mutism may make it harder for her to speak, yet she is found often lashing out in lessons, talking back to teachers and disrupting the class. Her grades in these subjects are concerning, she is far behind in them and we are concerned about her level, if she doesn't keep it up we may have to keep her behind a grade or two" He said sternly. My Mom nodded and looking at me.
—————
AMELIAS POV: