Chapter 38

HARPERS POV:

It's been a week since my surgery, my wrist had healed well and I was starting PT today.
I walked down stairs sleepily to see Kai and Mom kissing.

"Ew you two are gross" I said as I stole the piece of toast my Mom was holding in her hand.
"Heyyy" She said as I munched on her toast
"That was mine" She frowned
"Well you wasn't eating it, you were eating Kai's face" I said and Kai let out a laugh.
"Well finish your breakfast and get dressed and I'll take you to PT" Mom said as I finished up my breakfast.

I stared at my closet wondering what to wear, as Kai walking in. "Sorry your Mom asked me to check if you were getting ready" They said as the noticed I was still in my pyjamas.

"Don't know what to wear" I said as I sat on my floor.

Kai reached into my closet pulling out a couple of pieces. "This would look nice" They said holding up a plaid sleeveless sweater, white crop top and flared leggings.
"Thankyouuuu" I said as Kai handed me the clothes and I walked into the bathroom to get changed.

I parted my hair into two braids, and took a picture for my Instagram with the caption, I look like my Dad in this.

After reading through some of the comments, I grabbed my bag and head downstairs ready to leave for PT.
————
2 hours later

I had just finished my first session of PT with Link it went well, he said I was recovering fast which was good.

"Should we go get something to eat then?" Mom said as I walked out of the PT room.
I nodded and we headed to our favourite food truck outside of the hospital.

With summer coming up and being a sophomore, next year I would be a junior meaning I would have to start thinking about finals and college. Mom was talking about this with me during our conversation.

"So medical school then?" Mom asked and I gave a slight nod, I still had a lot of self doubt, but Mom and my aunts and friends seemed to believe I could do it.
"I don't know seems like I have too high ambitions, doesn't really seem possible" I said as I still had a lot of doubt.

"Harper what have I said about doubting yourself, look you have plenty of time to decide what you want to do as a career and I'll support you with anything, if medical school is what you want I'll pay for it, I'll help you study, I'll teach you. Remember your only 16 you have a couple more years till finals and college applications" Mom said and I nodded, her pep talks always helped to boost my confidence
————
Mom dropped me off at school after my appointment, it was the end of 2nd period I met up with Tuck to walk to Lunch.

Me and Tuck were sitting eating our lunch chatting, Kathy approached us and I felt a sense of anger build up in me. What could she possibly want now?

Tuck gave me a look, gesturing for me to ignore her. "Harper!" Kathy called out. Ugh! That girl made me want to rip my hair out.
"I heard about your wrist, you deserve it punching someone like that honestly psycho" Kathy spat, I sighed trying to keep my frustration in.