Chapter 37

6 weeks time skip

HARPERS POV:

I was going to Grey-Sloan to see if I needed surgery on my wrist, Mom and me walked into the fracture clinic where Link had told us to meet.

Link had removed my cast and we headed up to X-Ray.

After the X-Ray was finished Link collected the scans and took a look at them and he immediately went to speak with Mom.

They both came back inside as and sat in front of me.

"Judging by your X-Rays the break hasn't healed correctly, so your best option is surgery where I will fill the bone and stabilise it" Link said and I looked at Mom and she nodded encouragingly

"Okay just dont screw up my wrist" I said sarcastically, both Link, Mom and I chuckled.

"Great kiddo let's get you admitted I can do the surgery today" Link said as we walked out of X-Ray to a Pre-Op room.

I was getting prepped for surgery when Mom walked in.
"I'll see you later butterfly" She said kissing my cheek, as I was wheeled off to surgery.

AMELIAS POV:

"Link my daughter's limbs better be all intact when she's out" I said sarcastically as Link walked past me to get to the OR.

I sat in the OR waiting room nervously, I knew how simple the surgery was as a doctor, but as a mother I was nervous that my daughter was in surgery. I knew she was in great hands, Link is great at his job and great with Harper. He's patient with her and explains everything so she doesn't feel anxious, which makes me feel less anxious.

I decided to grab some coffee, I bumped into Kai. I hadn't seen them since they went back to London this was a surprise, we broke up months before Harper had even happened, they knew about Harper as they did Harper's cognitive test as I asked them, but this was surprising as they were here without me even saying anything.

"Kai?" I asked
"Amelia" They turned round as soon as they saw me
"Your back?" I asked still slightly confused on their return
"Yeah and I'm staying in Seattle, London didn't really work out and I was missing you" They said as they leaned in to kiss me. I kissed back, before grabbing my coffee and taking a sip.

Shit! I thought to myself, Harper didn't even know me and Kai were ever thing, Harper didn't even really know them. How would she react?
————
I explained to Kai everything that had recently gone on, they'd been really supportive and massaged my shoulders as they were a little tense.

I dragged them into an on call room, they unbuttoned my blouse and unclasped my bra as I slid down their pants and unbuttoned their shirt.

We layed on the on call room bed, as I slid my hand up their thigh, they peppered me with kisses. I let out a small moan and they followed with a moan.

Their hand reached down my undies as they massaged my flaps hitting a bundle of nerves, the orgasm had began. I let out quiet moans as they climbed their fingers up to my breasts placed their hands under my bra and slid my bra straps down.
————
My phone beeped, I grabbed my phone off the side. Harper was out of surgery and in post-op I was able to see her in an hour.

"Everything okay Amelia?" Kai said as they kissed my forehead
"Mhm Harper's out of surgery" I said smiling
"That's great when can you see her?" They said as they peppered me with even more kisses
"In an hour" I said and they began to get dressed
"We should probably get dressed so nobody suspects anything" Kai said
"Yeah" I said as I fastened by bra.

Now fully dressed me and Kai walked out of the on- call room. Kai brushed their fingers through my hair, I couldn't resist, I pulled them into a kiss.
————
We headed into the post-op room where Harper was in to see she was waking up.

"Hi" She said in a groggy voice, her eyes wondered around the room as she noticed Kai standing in the doorway. Harper gave me a look of confusion.

"You remember Kai don't you?" I said and she nodded
"Yes how could I forget the person who gave me torturing tests" She said laughing
"I don't think we properly met" Kai said as they stepped further into the room.
"Kai Bartley" They said smiling at Harper.
"Are you here to diagnose me with more stuff or just here because you fancy my Mom?" Harper said
"Harper!" I warned
"I see the way you look at each other" Harper said laughing "Honestly if your happy I'm happy, if you like them then that's amazing and I'm proud of you" Harper said smiling at me and Kai.
"Well what would you think if Kai maybe stayed with us?" I said
"So your asking if I don't mind them sleeping in your bed" Harper chuckled "Like I said if your happy I'm happy" She said still smiling.

HARPERS POV:

I was so happy for my Mom I couldn't believe her and Kai were together, Maggie told me how they used to date but split before I came along and now to see them happy together again it was amazing.

Link walked in the room to check if I was okay. "Can I go home yet" I sighed with boredom.
"You will get discharged tomorrow morning" Link said and I rolled my eyes.
"I don't even have my phone charger" I said sighing to see my phone was at 0%
"I can get you some stuff from home" Mom said as she laughed at me complain about my phone being dead.
"Please" I said needing to charge my phone. Also wanting some comfortable pyjamas and clothes for the morning.

"Piglet pyjamas and some joggers and crop top" I said to Mom as she left the room to get my stuff from home. She nodded and left for home.
————
I chilled in my patient room watching crap shows on the TV, Arizona walked in with a smile.

"Thought you could use some company" She said walking into my room with a nail kit.
"I bought my nail kit, I can paint your nails" She said showing me all the nail polishes.
"What colour?" She said pointing to the bottles of nail polish.
"Pastel pink" I said pointing to the colour I wanted.
"Excellent" She said as she began to paint my nails.

Arizona had finished up my nails and we waited for them to dry, we watched wild child my favourite movie as we chatted about girl stuff.

Mom and Kai walked in with my bag, some food and snacks.

"I brought you your favourite chicken nuggets, fries and ketchup" Mom said taking the items out of the bag
"Thank you Mom I love you" I said as I opened up my food.
————
I finished up my food, I'd been getting really better with my eating and been feeling less insecure. I knew my Mom was proud of me even Arizona as I saw her smiling every bite that I took.

After my dinner, Mom helped me to get into my pink piglet pyjamas. They were soft and fluffy much more better than the itchy hospital gowns.

I layed on my bed in the hospital room, Mom layed next to me as we watched A Kind of Spark, a series I have been rewatching and rewatching, Mom had gotten tired of me constantly watching it but she knew how much I like it and watched it with me.

One of the characters, Keedie reminded me of myself, she masked, she had a burnout, she liked art and looked after her younger sister.

After we had basically binge watched the entire series, some nurses came to set up a cot for Mom to sleep in.

She snuggled up next to me instead of sleeping in the cot, she stroked my hair till we both started to feel sleepy.

Authors Note:

What do we think so far?

Ideas?