Chapter 32

HARPERS POV:

All night I was thinking about what those girls were saying in the bathroom about me today, maybe it's true, maybe I am a freak, maybe I am a psychopath.

I shrugged it off and closed my eyes to sleep.

The morning

I woke up and sleepily walked downstairs, Maggie was making breakfast.

Scout ran up to me and hugged me showing me his drawing.

"Wow what's this" I said pointing to the drawing Scout had done.

"It me and YOU!" Scout squealed.
"It's amazing, I'm going to hang this up in my room" I said as he handed the picture for me to keep.
————
Mom gave me a nutrition shake which I managed to drink half of, Mom gave me some help to finish the rest.

I went upstairs to get dressed, I turned on my Taylor Swift playlist on Spotify Don't Blame Me was the first song to come on.

Today was careers day at school and Mom, Maggie and Meredith were invited including some other doctors, they would also be people from Station 19 and other careers. This day was going to be embarrassing, I got a lift with Tuck as Mom and my aunts were invited into the school early to set up.

Yesterday we had to take a survey to see what job we would be most compatible with,  that job would be our group for today and would be led by someone from that career who specialised in a specific department that you was assigned to.

Me and Tuck walked up to the bulletin where the results were posted.

"Hey Tuck it's says your most compatible to be a lawyer"I said and we both laughed
"Harper yours says you're most compatible to be a neurosurgeon aww Mommy's girl!" Tuck said laughing
"No you're joking" I said and Tuck shook his head.

I looked at the board to find my name it was true.

"That's got to be a mistake" I said and Tuck rolled his eyes
"They must of done that because my lasts name is Shepherd" I said and Tuck just laughed
"I don't think that's how it works" Tuck said laughing
"I'm not even a real Shepherd" I said laughing

SPEAKERS: STUDENTS PLEASE WALK AROUND THE CAREER STALLS THEN YOU WILL BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR LEADER.

"Harper!" Mom said as she saw me walk past the stall for Grey Sloan.
"Harper don't ignore me" She said stopping me from walking off.
"Mom I'm not ignoring you I'm avoiding you so you don't embarrass me"

"Oh your Mom's a neurosurgeon I didn't know that" A girl said as she approached me and Mom
"Kathy, I was the one doing the results for the survey results, honestly I just put neurosurgeon because that show you out on yesterday in bio, I think you need to get your brain checked" She said as she walked away with her friends laughing.

It was the girls from the bathroom yesterday, of course Kathy was in charge of the survey results.

"Who was that?" Mom asked with a worried look
"No one" I said
"Didn't seem like no one and what happened in biology?" Mom said
"Nothing I don't want to talk about it" I said sighing
"What was that about the survey results, being compatible with neurosurgery?" Mom asked and I rolled my eyes.

The principal read out the groups I didn't pay attention till I heard my name.

"Harper Shepherd with Dr Amelia Shepherd Neurosurgery, like mother like daughter" The principal said.

My cheeks went red with embarrassment as me and Mom both looked at each other at the same time. Her face beaming with a smile and I gave a slight embarrassed smile as everyone know knew my mother was a neurosurgeon and I was compatible with that job.